Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which astrophysical journal is the best?

1. Aug 9, 2005 #1
    Which astrophysical journal is the best?

I don't find many choices. Only there are several similar international journals...
    Some even need charge for publishing.

Do you have any recommendation?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Best for subscribing? Or best for article submission? For the latter, keep in mind that as a general tendency there is a tradeoff between the selectivity of a journal and its turnaround time for a submitted article.
  4. Aug 10, 2005 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

I'd suggest starting with Arxiv if you are looking for a start in getting 'published'.
  5. Aug 10, 2005 #4
    To publish papers in the Arxiv those journals need introducers. The General Relativity and Quantum Cosmology journal maybe is suitable for my paper, but I can't find any way to contribute to the journal. This is also because the problem----This journal is Arxiv's.

Now my paper is still refereeing by International journal of theoretical journal and the Reports on progress in physics, the two journals seem not suitable for my paper, I can't sure that whether my paper can be accepted. They have reviewed my paper 2-3 monthes, still there is no decision.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?