Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which book

1. Sep 23, 2011 #1
    I am in need of a some advice on which book's I should acquire to help me go forward in my studies.

I have started a degree course which is at the moment very mechanically biased, a field in which I have very limited experience, coming from an electrical background.

At the moment my main areas of study are combined bending and direct stress, theory of torsion, Euler buckling theory. I would also like something that goes over the more basic stuff like bending and direct stress.

I am really looking for something that contains good worked examples with solutions and maths behind it giving me more of an insight into the subject. I feel as though i may get left behind if I don't act soon :s

Any help would be great, I have picked up some books already, Shigley's mechanical engineering and design and applied mechanics by Hannah and Hillier. Thanks

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted