Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which book

1. Sep 23, 2011 #1
    I am in need of a some advice on which book's I should acquire to help me go forward in my studies.

I have started a degree course which is at the moment very mechanically biased, a field in which I have very limited experience, coming from an electrical background.

At the moment my main areas of study are combined bending and direct stress, theory of torsion, Euler buckling theory. I would also like something that goes over the more basic stuff like bending and direct stress.

I am really looking for something that contains good worked examples with solutions and maths behind it giving me more of an insight into the subject. I feel as though i may get left behind if I don't act soon :s

Any help would be great, I have picked up some books already, Shigley's mechanical engineering and design and applied mechanics by Hannah and Hillier. Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted