1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which class first?

1. Aug 5, 2014 #1
    So, I have to choose between these two, on which to take first.

Here are descriptions:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2014 #2
    I took these classes together and it was perfect. If I had to pick 1 it would be mechanics. The math methods class can be delayed a bit... Though I would suggest it before taking E&M.

4. Aug 5, 2014 #3
    Alright, I don't have to take them technically until next year, and this year I'm taking Thermo and stat mechanics in the spring. So PDEs aren't used heavily in theo mech.? Because I'm also planning on taking an intro to either PDEs or numerical solutions to PDEs in the spring as well. Can't decide between these two as well.

5. Aug 5, 2014 #4
    Nope PDE's shouldn't be used much at all in mechanics. Though you will see a lot of ODE's and maybe some Fourier series. I took PDE's alongside E&M and it complimented quite nicely.

6. Aug 5, 2014 #5
    Hmm alright, well between the two I think numerical solving would be more helpful. Any thoughts?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook