1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which class should I take?

1. Jun 3, 2016 #1
    Physics major. Last year. Should I
    A. Take calculus three during he next semester AT MY home institution and take computer science during this summer at a community college.
    Or
    B. Take calculus 3 this summer and take Theory of Probabilty next semester at my home institution.

Let hear some opinions and advice.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2016 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

One might wonder how you managed to get into the final year of a physics degree without taking a complete sequence of calculus. Maybe I'm not understanding something. Anyway your situation is what it is. I would aim to get the calculus 3 course done as soon as you can if you're intending on taking an upper year E&M course.

That's assuming you have time over the summer to do such a thing. Generally I think it's best in most cases for students to be working full time over the summer if they can. It builds up real world skills and give you some life experience that can be really helpful once school is over.

4. Jun 3, 2016 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Take no scientific courses during the summer, unless your summer session is 18 weeks in length. Choose something to study without enrolling in it during the summer.

5. Jun 3, 2016 #4
    When you say scientific do you mean the computer science or he calculus?

6. Jun 4, 2016 #5

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

I mean SCIENTIFIC, including any real natural or physical science courses, engineering courses, computer science, Mathematics courses.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted