Which country are you guys from?

• Thread starter The_Thinker
  • Start date
In summary: I am from India.Yes, sponging off your poor mother, slaving in the kitchen. :rofl: I'm from Maine, USA (not the French one) and I slave at the smoker and the grill, and when we are canning food, and take off some of the load in the kitchen, but my wife is such a miracle-worker that I much prefer her food.
The_Thinker
So.. Which country are you guys from? Let's see how far this forums connected up..

Im from India...:rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
76 posts and you put this in the political section, tisk tisk. I would have guessed you were from the land of the clueless...(Just teasing, :smile:)

Last edited:
Croatia.

(Message too short, blah blah.)

yeah... sort of screwed up... wanted to post in general... but guess i double clicked... hope some mod, moves this thread to its rightful place... [=D]

I'm from the US, but am currently posting from England

Western Canada.

I live. (10 char)

Can you prove that?

Danger said:
Can you prove that?

I think, therefore I am.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I think, therefore I am.

I pee therefore I am.:biggrin:

Canada :-)

Dominican Republic.

Western Canada :)

Turdistan.

Teh internet is in other countries now?

Scorpa, you are Canadian too? I never knew, nice to see another Canadian here. :-)

The USA, in a city that's somewhere between a rock and a hard place.

hypatia said:
The USA, in a city that's somewhere between a rock and a hard place.

The bronx?

Good ol' Canada.

dontdisturbmycircles said:
Scorpa, you are Canadian too? I never knew, nice to see another Canadian here. :-)

Yep I sure am :smile:

Eastern Canada.

damn... most of you are from Canada or from USA, no ones from India? I am mortified... :(

Hmmmm... maybe we can start a poll... is there anyway we can start one here?

I am from Turkmenistan. The only true paradise on earth.

marlon

marlon said:
I am from Turkmenistan. The only true paradise on earth.

marlon

The part of Turkmenistan that has Dutch TV shows? :tongue2:

honestrosewater said:
Teh internet is in other countries now?
I thought the internet is a country. Damn!

neutrino said:
The part of Turkmenistan that has Dutch TV shows? :tongue2:

hey man, we are a multicultural society .

marlon

Singapore.

Florida. nuff said.

The_Thinker said:
damn... most of you are from Canada or from USA, no ones from India? I am mortified... :(

Hmmmm... maybe we can start a poll... is there anyway we can start one here?

There are several Indian members here, and there was a poll, a year or two ago. I tried searching for it, but no results. Anyone have the link?

Found it. It was for "What Continent are you from?"
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010&highlight=where+live
Doesn't seem very definitive, though.

Last edited:
If I'm not from the internet, then my best guess would be India.

arunbg said:
If I'm not from the internet, then my best guess would be India.
Yes, sponging off your poor mother, slaving in the kitchen. :rofl: I'm from Maine, USA (not the French one) and I slave at the smoker and the grill, and when we are canning food, and take off some of the load in the kitchen, but my wife is such a miracle-worker that I much prefer her food. (See how we got onto arunbg's favorite subject so easily?)

Heheh, I set it all up you see, I knew you were online and would spot this thread. Talk about hijacking a thread :biggrin:

I envy you turbo, you are such a good cook and help your wife now and then, I wish I could do that for my mum, though she's not "slaving", dad helps her sometimes :smile:.

Last edited:
Argentina!

arunbg said:
Heheh, I set it all up you see, I knew you were online and would spot this thread. Talk about hijacking a thread :biggrin:

I envy you turbo, you are such a good cook and help your wife now and then, I wish I could do that for my mum, though she's not "slaving", dad helps her sometimes :smile:.
Hijack!

1. What is your country of origin?

As a scientist, I do not have a specific country of origin as my work and research often takes me to different countries around the world.

2. Which country are you currently residing in?

As a scientist, I often travel for my work and research, so I do not have a permanent residence in any one country.

3. Are you from a developed or developing country?

As a scientist, my work and research are not limited to any one type of country. I have collaborated with colleagues from both developed and developing countries.

4. How does your country's culture influence your work?

As a scientist, I have been fortunate to work with people from various cultures and backgrounds. While my work is based on scientific principles, I do believe that cultural diversity adds value to my research.

5. Can you tell us more about the scientific community in your country?

As a scientist, I am part of a global scientific community, and I do not limit my work to any one country. However, I have had the opportunity to collaborate with scientists from various countries, and I have found that each country has its own unique scientific community with its own strengths and contributions to the field.