Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which dead scientist

1. May 18, 2004 #1
    Which dead scientist....

....would you like to meet?

I would like to meet Nikola Tesla. My FAVORITE scientist...I once had a dream I met him (that is my most favorite dream, even better than the one where I met Einstein.. :rolleyes: ). Tesla is the greatest.

Anywho, your turn. :smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2004 #2

Science Advisor

Dirac spoke English, so he would be a natural choice. Of course, they always describe him as "taciturn" so it might be hard getting him to say much.

I would like to be able to tell Isaac Newton about Darwin's evolution theory and geology and paleontology and some other modern ideas, and see if I could talk him out of his belief in the Bible. Most people don't know that he wrote a great deal on the topic of Christian theology.
  4. May 18, 2004 #3

Science Advisor

I don't think I would want to meet a dead scientist. Let's face it, most geniuses are weird.

If I had to choose, I think I would pick Ben Franklin. He's probably the most down to earth famous scientist.
  5. May 18, 2004 #4
    Wierd is right. I once saw a documentary about Marie Curie. One of the people interviewed worked with her. The guy, apparently, was a very respected geneticist, very "ingenius". The wierd thing about him is that when he'd meet someone he'd never met before (or just someone he doesn't know very well or doesn't like), he talks to the person with the side of his head facing the person instead of his face. How annoying! haha.
  6. May 18, 2004 #5

Science Advisor

What a jerk :biggrin:
  7. May 18, 2004 #6
    I'm weird, but in a good, ninja-esque way.
  8. May 18, 2004 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

Richard Feynmann. He seemed like a fun guy.
  9. May 18, 2004 #8
    I'm with jimmy. Feynman!

10. May 18, 2004 #9
    I'll say Fermi, just to be different, and because that's the name of my car.
  11. May 18, 2004 #10
    I would converse with Tesla about Faust.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?