1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which EE Courses to Take

1. Jun 8, 2013 #1
    Hi all,

I will be a freshman in college starting this fall at Worcester Polytechnic Institute and am majoring in EE with a concentration in RF circuits and microwaves along with a possible double major in Physics with a concentration in Electromagnetism. I am looking to work with EM after I graduate or with wireless communications or accelerator physics. I am looking into courses and have already selected the courses for my first semester and am on the quarter system at my school. I was wondering what other jobs/fields of engineering would make use of the RF circuits and microwaves/electromagnetism. The relevant EE courses I plan to take are
    -ECE 2010 Intro to Electrical and Computer Engineering
    -ECE 2019 Sensors, Circuits, and Systems
    -ECE 2112 Electromagnetic Fields
    -ECE 2201 Microelectronic Circuits I
    -ECE 3204 Microelectronic Circuits II
    -ECE 3113 Intro to RF Circuit and Design
    -ECE 2305 Intro to Communications and Networks
    -ECE 2312 Discrete Time Signal and System Analysis
    -ECE 3311 Principles of Communication Systems
    -ECE 3308 Intro to Wireless Networks
    Possibly an Intro to Digital Circuit Design, Analog Integrated Circuit Design, or Semiconductor Devices but was unsure there.
    Also i plan to take a grad courses in Fundamentals of RF and Microwave Engineering and a physics course in Advanced EM Theory. If anyone has any recommendations of what courses I should take or which to choose it would be appreciated and what level of math I should take up to and was planning on up to vector and tensor calc.

Thanks

Edit: I was also wondering if any power engineering courses would be helpful in those fields.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted