1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which field of engineering?

1. Jun 5, 2010 #1
    Hi, i'm going to be a senior in high school and have begun to look into fields of engineering. I originally thought about biomedical Engineering/bioengineering, but it seems like that's what is hot right now and there will not be many jobs with so many people going into it. I was just wondering what other fields are growing right now.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2010 #2
    If you're only concerned about the job market petroleum engineers make the highest average salary of all undergraduate degrees. This field is very different than biomedical though. The key is to work on something you love, because whatever you pick it will not be an easy road. You need to make sure you can cope with doing hard work every day for four years and the best way to do that is to draw purpose and enjoyment from your studies. If you do that you can trust that a good job will follow.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook