1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Which field studies

1. Apr 6, 2016 #1
    Hi!
    Guys i want to know that which field of physics studies space and time , black holes, warm holes etc. I want to make a career in researching in studying them .

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2016 #2

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

That would be relativity.

Special relativity is about space and time relationships. General relativity is about gravitation (including holes).

4. Apr 6, 2016 #3
    thnx
    i was just wondering about my career options if i want o research into the subject what should be my field, i mean astrophysics , theoritical physics etc .

5. Apr 6, 2016 #4

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Relativity is very theoretical.

6. Apr 6, 2016 #5
    so , it means if i want to research in the branch i can study theoroetical physics in college.

7. Apr 6, 2016 #6

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

What do you mean?

8. Apr 6, 2016 #7
    i mean what should i choose as subject in univeristy to study about black holes, realtivity etc

9. Apr 6, 2016 #8

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

If you go to school to study relativity, you will already be learning all the theory. It's the same.

10. Apr 6, 2016 #9
    thanx for your help.

11. Apr 6, 2016 #10

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted