Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which green algae is indicator

1. Jan 5, 2016 #1
    Could anyone tell me that what is the name of the unicellular green algae which acts as an indicators of clean water.
    Actually I am solving a crossword puzzle so I need assist in one question the hint to this specific algae is that it is an 7 letters long word and its second letter is E.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2016 #2

jim mcnamara

Staff: Mentor

Hmm. Somebody read a note on the internet based on third hand scientific reporting. Then put it in a crossword.

See this paper: http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs-wm/41950.pdf It is a review of indicator algal species. There are lots of them.
    Hundreds. If you can get the first letter, it should be 'findable' in the above citation. Unless the crossword creator used a common name. If that is true, I would give up now.

This is definitely an innovative crowdsourcing kind of question. Ask the crowd that might know.

4. Jan 5, 2016 #3
    I have already searched this paper, but this paper doesn't quenches my thirst. Please try something else. Well, thanks for your efforts.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook