Which is Better: Cats or dogs?

• Thread starter Care_Bear13
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dogs
Misty doesn't like when the dog (Tilly) licks her face. She gets royally pissed off and bats and claws at the dog. The dog seems to know that Misty doesn't like that, but occassionally, the dog will try to lick Misty's face. When Misty gets mad, she sometimes swipes with claws. Usually she doesn't extend the claws, but occassionally, she does. When she does, she extends them just far enough to make Tilly jump back, but not far enough to scratch her. Misty also doesn't like it when the dog comes near her when she is eating. Misty will growl and
It's official (anything with a poll to back it up has to be official, which is the main thing missing from this thread).

In order, the family member other family members feel closest to:

Dog - 94%
Mom - 87%
Cat - 84%
Dad - 74%

And that's why I hate those cats! Surely I should be able to beat out someone on the list! :grumpy:

http://www.pewtrusts.org/pdf/PRC_social_pets_0306.pdf (it's down around page 4 and 5).

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I love all kinds of animals, but I get no end of emotional awe for seeing-eye dogs, search and rescue dogs, or dogs that sniff out explosives, or drugs, or... cancer!

Is there anything they can't protect us from? :*)

Last edited:
The "seeing eye" cat program had to be canceled after numerous instances of people being dragged between fence pickets and up trees, not to mention sudden bursts of speed due to spotting a bird.

Luckily all human volunteers were released with only minor injuries after a brief hospital visit.

Evo said:
The "seeing eye" cat program had to be canceled after numerous instances of people being dragged between fence pickets and up trees, not to mention sudden bursts of speed due to spotting a bird.

Luckily all human volunteers were released with only minor injuries after a brief hospital visit.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Evo said:

LOL :tongue:

What about those poor cats that get moulded into new roads and highways with only their eyes sticking out just so we know where the lines are in the dark? :cry:

Lol!

Can a cat dance?

http://www.k9-freestylers.com/carolyn.html (to see video, click on "click here", oddly enough)

I rest my case. :rofl:

BobG said:
Can a cat dance?:
No, but cats direct the dancing of a WHOLE bunch of pink monkeys.

I go for dogs. They're always fun to have around and they are a lot more affectionate than any cat I've ever had. They're so much easier to train than cats as well.

I also can't abide the cat piss smell. Even when you get a cat to piss outside the smell hangs around in the garden.

Cats are amusing at times though, but I've always seen cats as animals that give false affection. In fact cats remind me of a pompous aristocrat. You know they use you to get what they want and look down on you.

I say all this bad stuff about cats, but I do like cats and have enjoyed having them as pets in the past.

BobG said:
Can a cat dance?

http://www.k9-freestylers.com/carolyn.html (to see video, click on "click here", oddly enough)

Oh, yeah? Take http://www.almostamazing.com/moviekittycatdance.htm" , BobG!

hmmph! :approve:

i see people in US seem to like Cats more...
i guess right here in my country cats as pets may be very extremely rare...atleast i haven't seen anyone keeping cats...but dogs are very common as pets here!

Soilwork said:
I go for dogs. They're always fun to have around and they are a lot more affectionate than any cat I've ever had. They're so much easier to train than cats as well.

I also can't abide the cat piss smell. Even when you get a cat to piss outside the smell hangs around in the garden.

Cats are amusing at times though, but I've always seen cats as animals that give false affection. In fact cats remind me of a pompous aristocrat. You know they use you to get what they want and look down on you.

I say all this bad stuff about cats, but I do like cats and have enjoyed having them as pets in the past.

Only male cats smell like that.

Soilwork said:
Well dog urine smells too. At least cats bury their scat, or try to anyways. :rolleyes:

I think he's referring to the "spraying" that male cats use to mark their territory.

Don't get male cats. I've never had a male cat for precisely that reason.

Evo said:
I think he's referring to the "spraying" that male cats use to mark their territory.

Kurdt said:

When or if you get their nadgers removed, you can also ask for the scent glands which make that hideous smell to be removed, if it's any comfort cats only spray the borders of their territory, so they don't usually spray your house, if they do then it may be a sign that they are a bit insecure. Of course knowing they won't be doing it in your location is not much comfort for your neighbours when their porches reek.:yuck:

If your worried about having a cats nadgers removed, don't be cats tend to live longer without them, IIRC.

great reason. LOL (take 'Don't get male cats' as reason)

ok that sentence was poorly constructed but I couldn't be bothered to take quotes
:rolleyes:

BobG said:
Can a cat dance?

If anybody here has not visited BobG's link to watch that video, you are really missing out.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
When or if you get their nadgers removed, you can also ask for the scent glands which make that hideous smell to be removed, if it's any comfort cats only spray the borders of their territory, so they don't usually spray your house, if they do then it may be a sign that they are a bit insecure. Of course knowing they won't be doing it in your location is not much comfort for your neighbours when their porches reek.:yuck:

If your worried about having a cats nadgers removed, don't be cats tend to live longer without them, IIRC.
My males are neutered, so they don't spray.

and they start scratching when you try to do it with scisors

I think this settles it.

machinegun.gif

Attachments

• machinegun.gif
    machinegun.gif
    84.7 KB · Views: 392
Evo said:
I think this settles it.
:rofl: Another reason to remove the nadgers. :rofl:

Dammit, look at the cat!

Evo said:
Dammit, look at the cat!
OK, I am looking.

What is it I am supposed to see?

Last edited:
Not for you, for others.

Evo said:
I think this settles it.

machinegun.gif

Evo said:
Not for you, for others.

Dammit that's funny. :approve:

Dogs don't hide the puppies from their people!

We finally found the kittens, now that they're already old enough to be weaned. And the aren't friendly at all (Momma Cat has had them well hidden). :grumpy: Two calicos (calico is my favorite) and a gray for certain, maybe two more in there (one person says she thought she saw one with Siamese coloration). Momma Cat is finally going to get spayed this week (they've taken care of the "nadgers" :rofl: on the males already...or at least all the ones they could catch so far).

I had to laugh though...they're tagging all the cats that have been spayed/neutered so nobody tries to do it twice (and so that they're "official" farm cats). One of the females was brought up to another vet because the anesthesia masks we have didn't fit her, and she came back with a ruby stud earring as her eartag! :rofl: I somehow doubt that's going to last long, but it was cute, and if it falls out, she'll still have the hole to know she was spayed (if the scar isn't enough of a clue).

Speaking of cats - this is so adorable! :tongue2: :!) :cool: :biggrin:

http://www.gardenbuddies.com/forum/messages/4337/1220593.html

Astronuc said:

Awwwwwwwww! I wonder if any of Ivan and Tsu's cats would try to adopt baby skunks? :biggrin:

This makes me want to get a dog and another kitten...
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/kittenandbigdog.jpg

Astronuc said:

So pepe le pew finally wore down that cat with his advances.

larkspur said:
Has that dog always looked so sad, or just since the arrival of the kitten? :rofl:

larkspur said:
Wow, look how overjoyed that dog is to have a kitten! He can barely contain himself, you can just see the excitement. :rofl: