Which is Better: Cats or dogs?

• Thread starter Care_Bear13
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dogs
Misty doesn't like when the dog (Tilly) licks her face. She gets royally pissed off and bats and claws at the dog. The dog seems to know that Misty doesn't like that, but occassionally, the dog will try to lick Misty's face. When Misty gets mad, she sometimes swipes with claws. Usually she doesn't extend the claws, but occassionally, she does. When she does, she extends them just far enough to make Tilly jump back, but not far enough to scratch her. Misty also doesn't like it when the dog comes near her when she is eating. Misty will growl and
Moonbear said:
Awwwwwwwww! I wonder if any of Ivan and Tsu's cats would try to adopt baby skunks? :biggrin:

Heck, they already invite them in for dinner. :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6497257644936185526&q=compulsive%20cat%20flushing&hl=en [Broken]

Now I wonder if a dog would think of this? :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
This should settle the debate once and for all. Dog saves owner, but dies trying to rescue cat
Cats are evil! The cat set the fire! :grumpy:

Dogs are heroic. They not only retrieve their owner's artificial leg, retrieve the phone so their owner can dial 911, and drag their owner to safety, but they will give their life to save even an evil cat! :approve:

Poor 13-year-old 3-legged chihuahua! :cry:
I'm just guessing about the breed and the number of legs.

BobG said:
This should settle the debate once and for all. Dog saves owner, but dies trying to rescue cat
Cats are evil! The cat set the fire! :grumpy:

Dogs are heroic. They not only retrieve their owner's artificial leg, retrieve the phone so their owner can dial 911, and drag their owner to safety, but they will give their life to save even an evil cat! :approve:

Poor 13-year-old 3-legged chihuahua! :cry:
I'm just guessing about the breed and the number of legs.

The moral of this story is...if you are going to light candles around cats, keep your leg(s) within arms reach!

http://www.gardenbuddies.com/forum/messages/4337/1227907.html [Broken] :biggrin:

larkspur said:
The moral of this story is...if you are going to light candles around cats, keep your leg(s) within arms reach!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For some reason cats love dying on me so I've come to the conclusion that they're pretty average.

Dogs are good though. My dog isn't the best of hunters though...it hasn't got the hang of how to do it. You know how some dogs will point to their target with one of their front legs? Well my dog points with the front leg and then lifts one of the back legs and stretches it out too (pointing behind it of course). So she loses balance every time and falls over. So she obviously hasn't had a good strike rate for killing pigeons.

Which is Better: Cats or dogs??

I hear both taste a lot like chicken... :biggrin:

moo

big man said:
For some reason cats love dying on me so I've come to the conclusion that they're pretty average.

Dogs are good though. My dog isn't the best of hunters though...it hasn't got the hang of how to do it. You know how some dogs will point to their target with one of their front legs? Well my dog points with the front leg and then lifts one of the back legs and stretches it out too (pointing behind it of course). So she loses balance every time and falls over. So she obviously hasn't had a good strike rate for killing pigeons.
Quit hunting so close to the highway. She's obviously pointing at road kill and letting you know the prey is already dead. :rofl:

I like dogs better. All the cats I have ever owned have been crazy (The one had a thing about pulling out all its hair :confused: ) so they got put o prozac which made them more normal. I would never have a cat again, this is my baby helping me in the garden
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8118/pict0269ra5.jpg [Broken]

I like all animals. In this case though I'm going to have to say dogs are better. They are so much more intelligent. With me, it really comes down to the individual cat/dog and how they act, just like humans. Many people treat their pet wrongly and cause it to have major behavior problems.

I can't decide between either cats or dogs (I've never had either). Perhaps I should settle for an oyster.

arildno said:
I can't decide between either cats or dogs (I've never had either). Perhaps I should settle for an oyster.
How about starting out with a Norwegian Blue Parrot (pining for the fjords)? I understand that they're really easy to clean up after, they're not noisy, and they don't molt.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6666/Fancy/mp_parrot.html

Well, Ember has been swaying my opinion toward cats as being much smarter than dogs.

Cats read PF...
http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/8234/emberpfod9.jpg [Broken]

and keep up with the latest scientific literature...
http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/7816/emberjournales4.jpg [Broken]
She was helping me write my grant proposal there. She took a very keen interest in the atlas of the rat brain. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Well, Ember has been swaying my opinion toward cats as being much smarter than dogs.

Cats read PF...
http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/8234/emberpfod9.jpg [Broken]

and keep up with the latest scientific literature...
http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/7816/emberjournales4.jpg [Broken]
She was helping me write my grant proposal there. She took a very keen interest in the atlas of the rat brain. :biggrin:
Ember can't be that smart - she owns a Mac.

Uh oh, the smilies don't work. Duck!

BobG said:
Ember can't be that smart - she owns a Mac.

Uh oh, the smilies don't work. Duck!
That's why she's reading Larkspur's posts and not yours. :tongue: Larkspur tells her how pretty she is. :approve:

turbo-1 said:
How about starting out with a Norwegian Blue Parrot (pining for the fjords)? I understand that they're really easy to clean up after, they're not noisy, and they don't molt.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6666/Fancy/mp_parrot.html
They have all been eaten by Albin, the white moose, I'm afraid.
Only recently was it discovered that albino moose are carnivores.

BobG said:
Our cats are evil, mean, and probably smoke cigarettes when we're not home.

I thought of your kitties as soon as I saw this picture! :biggrin:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-cat-drinking-wine.jpg [Broken]

arildno said:
They have all been eaten by Albin, the white moose, I'm afraid.
Only recently was it discovered that albino moose are carnivores.
Maybe that's why I haven't seen a white-tail all season. An albino moose moved in and ate them all. I never spotted the albino moose during the summer, but now that there is snow everywhere, that rascal would be practically invisible, like "Predator".

So! Anyone here seen Cujo?

I hate all pets, but for this survey I'll go with cats. There aren't enough ways to skin a dog.

jimmysnyder said:
I hate all pets, but for this survey I'll go with cats. There aren't enough ways to skin a dog.

Get a knife and I'll email you a list.

Math Is Hard said:
I thought of your kitties as soon as I saw this picture! :biggrin:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-cat-drinking-wine.jpg [Broken]
[/URL]

I love my cats and would never say anything bad about them.

Help me! My cats have learned to use the Internet and have been watching waterboarding videos!

arildno said:

An oyster would be good... :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Awwwwwwwww! I wonder if any of Ivan and Tsu's cats would try to adopt baby skunks? :biggrin:

They already DID! Remember them bringing the skunks into the kitchen for snacks? I'd be sitting there in the living room and suddenly get a good whiff of 'something', turn around and look into the kitchen, and there'd be a SKUNK eating the cat food right behind my chair!

Cats suck. There's a reason Dogs are considered man's best friend.

Although I admit I'd probably feel different;y if I wasn't allergic to cats.

squirrl.jpg

A Papillion adopts a squirrl.

Cats are useless. Dogs are loyal, mans best friend for a reason.

JasonRox said:
WOW!

That's neat.

You might want to change your signature :biggrin:.

<h2>1. What are the main differences between cats and dogs?</h2><p>Cats and dogs have many differences, including their physical appearance, behavior, and care needs. Cats are typically smaller and more independent, while dogs are larger and more social. Cats also have retractable claws and are known for their agility and grace, while dogs have non-retractable claws and are known for their loyalty and protective nature.</p><h2>2. Which animal makes a better pet, cats or dogs?</h2><p>This is subjective and ultimately depends on personal preference. Some people may prefer the low-maintenance and independent nature of cats, while others may enjoy the companionship and loyalty of dogs. Both cats and dogs can make great pets, it just depends on what qualities and characteristics you are looking for in a pet.</p><h2>3. Are cats or dogs easier to train?</h2><p>In general, dogs are considered easier to train than cats. This is because dogs are more social and have a natural desire to please their owners, making them more receptive to training. However, with patience and consistent training, cats can also learn basic commands and behaviors.</p><h2>4. Do cats or dogs require more attention and care?</h2><p>This also depends on the individual animal and their specific needs. In general, dogs require more attention and care than cats. Dogs need to be walked, exercised, and groomed regularly, while cats are more low-maintenance and can entertain themselves for longer periods of time.</p><h2>5. Can cats and dogs live together peacefully?</h2><p>Yes, cats and dogs can live together peacefully with proper introduction and training. It is important to supervise their interactions and provide each animal with their own space and resources. Some cats and dogs may never become best friends, but with patience and proper care, they can coexist in the same household.</p>

1. What are the main differences between cats and dogs?

Cats and dogs have many differences, including their physical appearance, behavior, and care needs. Cats are typically smaller and more independent, while dogs are larger and more social. Cats also have retractable claws and are known for their agility and grace, while dogs have non-retractable claws and are known for their loyalty and protective nature.

2. Which animal makes a better pet, cats or dogs?

This is subjective and ultimately depends on personal preference. Some people may prefer the low-maintenance and independent nature of cats, while others may enjoy the companionship and loyalty of dogs. Both cats and dogs can make great pets, it just depends on what qualities and characteristics you are looking for in a pet.

3. Are cats or dogs easier to train?

In general, dogs are considered easier to train than cats. This is because dogs are more social and have a natural desire to please their owners, making them more receptive to training. However, with patience and consistent training, cats can also learn basic commands and behaviors.

4. Do cats or dogs require more attention and care?

This also depends on the individual animal and their specific needs. In general, dogs require more attention and care than cats. Dogs need to be walked, exercised, and groomed regularly, while cats are more low-maintenance and can entertain themselves for longer periods of time.

5. Can cats and dogs live together peacefully?

Yes, cats and dogs can live together peacefully with proper introduction and training. It is important to supervise their interactions and provide each animal with their own space and resources. Some cats and dogs may never become best friends, but with patience and proper care, they can coexist in the same household.