Which Subject is More Challenging: Physics or Chemistry?

• Thread starter tommore
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty level of different science subjects, particularly physics and chemistry. The speaker mentions their own experiences with organic chemistry and cell biology, and notes that physics may be harder for some to visualize. They also mention a past movement to offer physics before 10th grade in Virginia.
tommore
Hello I am going to take my group in my college I am having physics,biology and also chemistry i want to know which one is easy to study, In general i want to know normally on which subject people will have trouble in studying Physics or chemistry.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here in Virginia during the previous generation, high school biology was first offered in 10th grade, chemistry in 11th grade, and physics in 12th grade. Since then there was a movement (by physicists) to offer physics before 10th grade.

Consider reflecting on your previous experiences, likes and abilities in these subjects.

(Organic chemistry and physical chemistry are reputed to be two of the most difficult classes in undergraduate university.)

i actually found organic easy to understand hard to memorize all the equations needed for test. concepts were easy but the sheer amount of reactions needed to know for synthesis was the killer. my hardest class would have to be cell biology

so physics would be harder for some to visualize in my point of view

1. What makes a subject difficult to study?

The level of difficulty in studying a subject can vary depending on many factors, such as the complexity of the subject, the lack of previous research or knowledge, and the resources and technology available to study it.

2. What are some techniques for studying difficult subjects?

Some techniques for studying difficult subjects include breaking down the material into smaller, more manageable chunks, using visual aids or mnemonic devices to aid in memory retention, seeking help from tutors or experts, and practicing active learning strategies such as summarizing and self-quizzing.

3. How can one overcome the challenges of studying a difficult subject?

One way to overcome the challenges of studying a difficult subject is by setting realistic and achievable goals, staying motivated and persistent, seeking support from peers or study groups, and finding ways to make the subject more interesting and engaging.

4. Are there any subjects that are universally difficult to study?

While the level of difficulty may vary for each individual, some subjects are generally considered more challenging to study, such as advanced mathematics, physics, and languages.

5. Can studying difficult subjects have any benefits?

Studying difficult subjects can have many benefits, including developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills, expanding knowledge and understanding, and building resilience and determination. It can also open up opportunities for personal and professional growth in the future.