1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which is the best book for getting indepth knowledge of Electrical Machine?

1. Apr 22, 2017 #1
    Hi. I am preparing for IES (Indian Engineering Services ) exam. I have basic knowledge of electrical machines both ac and dc. For the examination point of view I need to have in depth knowledge of each and every topic in electrical machines (both ac and dc). Can you suggest me some really good book which have an extensively detailed information of electrical machine?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2017 #2

cnh1995

Homework Helper

Nagrath-Kothari and Stephen Chapman would be good for conceptual understanding. Electrical Machines by B.L. Theraja would be good for practising a variety of numerical problems. These are easily available in India.

Plus, I believe @jim hardy's content here about machinery is equivalent to a whole book (full of interesting anecdotes!). It would definitely help if you go through it.

Good luck for IES!

4. Apr 23, 2017 #3

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Gosh, cnh, thanks for the kind words !

5. Apr 29, 2017 #4
    Chapman book is perhaps the widely used standard text on this subject.

6. Apr 29, 2017 #5
    I prefer the textbooks by P.C. Krause on this subject.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted