Which is the best part of a relationship?

In summary: Something between:LonelinessLustLive-inLikenessLoveThe part before it starts falling apart. Sometime between the first and second date.The part before it starts falling apart. Sometime between the first and second date.
Loren Booda

Physics news on Phys.org
Being apart?

The garden shed.

Loren Booda said:

The part that doesn't nag at you about everything.

What are our choices? You should put up a poll.

Being on better behavior. And the "garden shed."

Loren Booda said:

The story it tells you about where you belong in the universe.

For example, the force of gravity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. No matter how big the distance, the force never goes to zero. So every star you see in the sky is pulling on you just a little bit. And the force of gravity is directly proportional to the product of the masses. No matter how small the mass, the force never quite reaches zero, so you're pulling on every star you see in the sky.

Or did you mean relationships between people?

BobG said:

For example, the force of gravity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. No matter how big the distance, the force never goes to zero. So every star you see in the sky is pulling on you just a little bit. And the force of gravity is directly proportional to the product of the masses. No matter how small the mass, the force never quite reaches zero, so you're pulling on every star you see in the sky.

Or did you mean relationships between people?

...ahahahhahaha...!

Relationship? What is that? :confused:

BobG said:

:rofl:

Loren Booda said:
The part before it starts falling apart. Sometime between the first and second date.

Evo said:
The part before it starts falling apart. Sometime between the first and second date.

Dates are for life and not just for christmas. They do cause diarrhea but they're quite nice. :smile:

An elderly Italian-American man was speaking to a group of younger ladies. He had just told them that he and his wife were about to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Enthralled, the ladies hounded the gentleman for more information.

Ladies: "Are you two happily married?"

Man: "Oh yes, we're a-happily married."

Ladies: "What's your secret?"

Man: "Well, for our first a-wedding anniversary I took her a-back to the Old Country. It was a-beautiful."

Ladies: *sigh* *gush* "So what are you going to do this year?"

Man: "I'm a-gonna go back and get her."

Falling in love, and the closeness you have with that person. IMO

Lacy33 said:
Being on better behavior. And the "garden shed."

Give me the shed every day, for sure i do not understand people, you guys are just so erratic.

We were "On a Break!"!

wolram said:
Give me the shed every day, for sure i do not understand people, you guys are just so erratic.

Erratic? Us ERRATIC? Lol, you've got no ground to stand on.

I had been making a poll, but Obama was just coming on.

Something between:

Loneliness

Lust

Live-in

Likeness

Love

Evo said:

Excellent.

I was going to say that happy magical time that ends sometime between the third date and the restraining order.

What makes a relationship successful?

A successful relationship is built on mutual respect, trust, communication, and compromise. Both partners should feel valued and supported, and be able to openly communicate their thoughts and feelings with each other.

Is physical attraction important in a relationship?

Physical attraction can play a role in a relationship, but it is not the most important factor. While initial attraction may draw two people together, a strong emotional and intellectual connection is what sustains a relationship in the long run.

How do you maintain a healthy balance in a relationship?

Maintaining a healthy balance in a relationship involves setting boundaries and making sure both partners have their needs met. This can include spending quality time together, as well as having individual time for hobbies and self-care.

What is the role of compromise in a relationship?

Compromise is essential in any relationship. It involves finding a middle ground and making sacrifices for the sake of the relationship. It shows a willingness to work together and find solutions that benefit both partners.

How can you tell if you are in a healthy relationship?

A healthy relationship should make you feel happy, supported, and respected. You should be able to communicate openly and honestly with your partner, and feel comfortable being yourself. There should also be trust, mutual understanding, and a sense of teamwork between partners.