Which is your favorite singer?

• Thread starter celinasinha
  • Start date
GreatsIn summary, a group of people discuss their favorite singers, including Michael Jackson, Amr Diab, Freddie Mercury, Tamer Hosny, Tose Proeski, and Lady Gaga. They discuss their vocal range and personal preferences, with some mentioning other singers such as Burton Cummings, Roy Orbison, and Bob Dylan. They also mention their dislike for Lady Gaga's theatrics and mention other popular singers like Elvis, Nana Mouskouri, Stevie Nicks, Celine Dion, and Matt Monro. Some also mention Eddie Vedder, Adele, Diana Krall, and Meatloaf as their favorite singers.
celinasinha
Hello Friends,

1. Michael Jackson

2. Amr Diab

3. Freddie Mercury

4. Tamer Hosny

5. Tose Proeski

6. Lady Gaga.

All these singer are my favourite. They have good vocal range.But if i have to choose ,it is Lady Gaga for me. Do you like these singer?

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't believe you put lady gaga in the same list as the legendary Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson. I haven't heard any of Tose's work but I like all the other singers except for Lady gaga - she is a zero talent freak show IMO. My favorite is easily Freddie Mercury and, not on the list, Robert Plant.

Burton Cummings (The Guess and solo); Roy Orbison (solo and The Traveling Wilburys); Bing Crosby.

Yep Freddie Mercury and (not in the list) Bono.

Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin.

Freddie Mercury without a doubt.

WannabeNewton said:
I can't believe you put lady gaga in the same list as the legendary Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson. I haven't heard any of Tose's work but I like all the other singers except for Lady gaga - she is a zero talent freak show IMO. My favorite is easily Freddie Mercury and, not on the list, Robert Plant.

Last edited by a moderator:
George Jones said:
Burton Cummings (The Guess and solo); Roy Orbison (solo and The Traveling Wilburys); Bing Crosby.
Yes. I was lucky enough to see Cummings solo on a swing through Canada, and he was all I remembered him to be from Canada's greatest group. What a voice!

Canada foisted Neil Young on us, so let's call it a wash. :devil:

Bob Dylan, Robert Plant, Bert Jansch, Warren Haynes...

If I'm limited to the list then Freddie Mercury.

Ronnie Spector

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Annie Haslam

Take away the theatrics and Lady Gaga is dead-in-the-water boring NOT a singer.

Nana Mouskouri - quite popular at one time
Dennis Rousseau - tenor
Stevie Nicks - great
Pat Benetar - a rocker
Celine Dion - can carry atune just by her voiceJanice Joplin - can't sing worth sh..
Blondie - a first female punker
Elvis - the King
etc in the thousands

Stephin Merritt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHoM9uD6nc

Matt Monro. Among those listed, Freddie by a light year.

Curious3141 said:
Matt Monro. Among those listed, Freddie by a light year.
Yep. Among the listed, Freddie is the king. Lots of folks have heard Bohemian Rhapsody or other hits, but there are so many "keepers" in Queen's catalog... I am more a fan of Brian May, but that's just me.

How can Prince not be mentioned yet...All round genius.

I find girl singers to be better

Adele,
Diana Kralland Meatloaf

so many great singers out there, these are the top ones. I don't listen to Meatloaf or Diana Krall but both are very good singers imo.

oh and Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)

Last edited:
I don't know, Bobby Darin, Stephen Merritt, Cristy Moore... Loads

1. What is your favorite singer?

As a scientist, I do not have a favorite singer as my focus is on conducting research and experiments rather than personal preferences.

2. Who do you think is the best singer?

I cannot determine who is the best singer as it is subjective and varies from person to person. Also, my expertise lies in scientific fields rather than music.

3. Can you recommend a good singer?

I am not able to provide recommendations for singers as it is not related to my profession. I suggest exploring different genres and artists to find singers that resonate with your personal taste.

4. Have you ever met a famous singer in your scientific career?

No, I have not. My work as a scientist focuses on conducting research and experiments, and therefore, I have not had the opportunity to meet any famous singers.

5. Do you think being a singer is a good career choice?

I cannot comment on whether being a singer is a good career choice as it is subjective and depends on individual interests and talents. However, as a scientist, I encourage pursuing careers that align with an individual's passion and skills.