1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which kind of Engineer?

  1. Mar 24, 2017 #1
    HI , i'm a bit early for those kind of questions but my passion is the space ,my dream is to go in the space so i was wondering wich type of engineer goes in space and if its the AeroEngineer , is the mechanicalE turn into aerospaceE ?

    P.S im not english first language sorry if i spelled something wrong
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2017 #2
    Welcome to PF!
  4. Mar 25, 2017 #3
    By far the best kind of engineer is a good engineer!

    With respect to your question, either ME or AeroE could lead to a career in aerospace. I am an ME, and I have worked in the aerospace industry (most of the engineers at the company where I worked were either ME or EE, but all were working in aerospace). Generally speaking, Aero is a subset of ME; it is more specialized. For undergraduate work, I would strongly recommend ME simply because it has many more employment opportunities, including many outside of aerospace.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted

Similar Discussions: Which kind of Engineer?