Which linux?

• Thread starter DarkAnt
  • Start date
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Lycoris has more of a windows feel. It is also like SUSE in that it is corporate run, so you might have to pay for some stuff. Choose this if you want an easy to use desktop.

Fedora continues Redhat legacy in the home user market. It is completely community driven. This distro is a little harder than Lycoris, but used by more people. Good Audio and Video support is lacking, but you can easily download the appropraite codecs yourself. Choose this if you want good community support that should stay free, but is little harder than Lycoris to setup.

-------------

As for major games, you got Return to Castle Wolfenstien/Enemy Terrirtory, Neverwinter Nights, and Unreal Tournament 2003. Also, Metal of Honor is supposed to be ported soon, and whenever Doom 3 is done, it too should run on linux.

XMMS is the major audio player
OpenOffice is the MS Office for linux
Gaim is the best Aim, Yahoo, ICQ, etc chatting software

hmmm, I think I'm going to take a leap into the darkness and go for Fedora. Thanks for everything everyone:smile:

MacTech
personally i love slackware and have used it a lot. others i have only installed but haven't really played with and as for linux on a mac, never done it, unix is good enough, hehehe.. anyway...

oh but i would install suse linux if there was no slackware, I have used and liked it.