1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which Math Can Help ?

1. Apr 14, 2012 #1
    Hi professionals , kindly I just want someone help me to choice the right Discipline for my post graduate study , I want to study in a mathematical field that enable me to describe the relations between the mathematics and physics . or in other words , the relations between mathematics and the existence .

any help will be appreciated .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2012 #2
    Just for illustration , as you know that ( Rayleigh–Jeans law ) was seems mathematically correct , but when scientists applied that law in the nature it was incorrect !

so , what's the kind of math that enable us to distinguish between what's correct in mathematics and what's correct in the nature ?

4. Apr 15, 2012 #3
    Sounds like mathematical physics or theoretical physics...see what universities that might interest you offer in those areas.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook