Struggling in Dynamics Class? Learn from MIT's Expert Videos and Ace Your Exams!

• Thread starter maysenator
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mit Video
In summary: For the struggling student like you, I suggest you to get help from your professor and fellow classmates. You are smart, you can do it.
maysenator
OK shot in the dark here but here is my question prefaced with a small back-story.

Im a undergrad in mechanical engineering program. I am currently having a bit of trouble in Dynamics class. A lot of people who are much smarter than me say its nothing more than applied physics. Like some guys in class don't do any of the homework problems and still get good marks on the exams. (only grades in the class are 6 small exams) while i struggle to take notes from my book and work the problems.

The reason i ask here instead of my prof. is he is like 70 years old, sweet old guy with like 20 patents and knows way more than anyone should but he's just kind of old and slow now, our classes are like 50 mins long and he can't finish a problem during a class so no one asks anymore. So i can't learn anything from the actual class, just what i can manage to teach myself.

Should i stop focusing on the book and the equations and try to brush up on physics? I have only completed one semester of calc based physics.

Would any of the MIT videos on physics be helpful to me? there are so many i don't know where to start.

Or just stick to the book and keep trying? I feel like I am missing something. The engineering dynamics book does not really explain anything its more like..

this is this, that's that and this is the equation.. I think I am a pretty smart guy, but i have ADHD and just can't do things when i do not understand the general theory behind what I am doing. memorizing equations do nothing for me.

WHAT?

Engineering news on Phys.org
work more problems, they coalesce into a better understanding of theory
try the video lectures, and see if they help
but yah, work more problems. you should aim to be doing 4-6 hours of academic work every day

You could also try office hours

I suggest you to utilize internet search engine and read up more about the theoretical part. I understand the feeling of "missing something", but if you look closer, a lot of the fundamental theory are missing and not well explained. Most are built up from experimental data and proven hypothesis which are arguable if you manage to get different experimental result.

For engineering part, I believe in working on projects. Through hand-ons experience, you can apply what you have learn in class and realize the gaps between real life and classroom. A lot of problems encountered are not well documented anywhere and you need to try hard to get pieces of information from everywhere.

1. What is the "Which MIT video" all about?

The "Which MIT video" is a video created by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to showcase their campus, students, and programs. It includes interviews with students and faculty, as well as footage of campus life and research projects.

2. Where can I find the "Which MIT video"?

The "Which MIT video" can be found on MIT's official website, as well as on their YouTube channel. It may also be featured on other websites or platforms.

3. How long is the "Which MIT video"?

The length of the "Which MIT video" may vary, but on average it is around 5-10 minutes long.

4. Is the "Which MIT video" only for prospective students?

No, the "Which MIT video" is not just for prospective students. It can be enjoyed by anyone interested in learning more about MIT and its community.

5. Can I share the "Which MIT video" with others?

Yes, the "Which MIT video" can be shared with others. You can send the link to the video or share it on your social media platforms. It is also available for embedding on websites.