1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which module is more useful to ME, Microelectronics or Optimization/system theory

1. May 26, 2009 #1
    I will get to pick some non ME electives corresponding to a semesters coursework, and my interests lies in these fields. Which will be more useful? I know the former is more physics focused and the other is more hardcore maths. I want to work for NASA after college, building or designing robots/spaceships/satellites/rockets.

2. jcsd
  3. May 26, 2009 #2
    For what you're interested in, and I'm basing this off of what you mentioned in your other thread, systems theory will be more useful for you as an AE/ME. It won't hurt to have a course in electronics, but I don't think taking courses in microelectronics is going to have more benefit than systems theory if you want to be an Aerospace/Mechanical engineer at NASA.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook