Analyzing My Attempts at a Question

• Thread starter Wolves
  • Start date
In summary, the person attempted the question three times and finally figured it out. The answer is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choices, as they all involve an object either speeding up, slowing down, or changing direction, which is what happens when a non-zero force is acting upon it. The fundamental equation that covers this question is Newton's first law.
Wolves
Homework Statement
Which of the following describes an object with a non-zero net force acting on it? Choose all that apply.
Relevant Equations
The truck slowed down while making a right turn.
The motorcycle traveled at a constant speed while making a u-turn.
The moped accelerated while making a left turn.
The car sped up from 50 mph to 65 mph while moving in a straight line.
The spaceship traveled at a constant speed in a straight line.
I attempted this question 3 times. The first time I picked the 2nd and 5th answer. The second time I picked the 2nd answer and the third time I picked the 5th answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
I figured this question out. To help other people, The answer is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Wolves said:
I figured this question out. To help other people, The answer is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
That's all very good. However, to help other people even better, can you explain why you picked the first four choices and not the fifth choice?

Likes berkeman
kuruman said:
That's all very good. However, to help other people even better, can you explain why you picked the first four choices and not the fifth choice?

I picked the first four because I looked up the what is happening to an object when a non zero force is acting upon it. It is when the object is either speeding up, slowing down or changing direction. Number 1, 3 and 4 are either speeding up or changing direction. Number 2 is changing direction. Number 5 does not qualify because the vehicle is moving in a straight line at a constant acceleration.

Very good! What fundamental equation covers this question? :smile:

berkeman said:
Very good! What fundamental equation covers this question? :smile:
Newton's first law? :)

1. What is the purpose of analyzing my attempts at a question?

The purpose of analyzing your attempts at a question is to reflect on your thought process and improve your problem-solving skills. It also helps you identify areas of difficulty and find ways to overcome them.

2. How can I analyze my attempts at a question?

You can analyze your attempts at a question by breaking down your approach, identifying any mistakes or misconceptions, and evaluating your reasoning and methods used. You can also seek feedback from others or compare your approach to successful solutions.

3. What can I learn from analyzing my attempts at a question?

By analyzing your attempts at a question, you can learn to be more critical of your own thinking, identify patterns in your problem-solving, and improve your overall understanding of the subject matter. It can also help you develop new strategies and techniques for tackling similar problems in the future.

4. How often should I analyze my attempts at a question?

It is beneficial to analyze your attempts at a question after every attempt, especially if you were unable to solve it correctly. This will help you identify mistakes and make adjustments. You can also analyze your attempts on a regular basis, such as weekly or monthly, to track your progress and identify any recurring difficulties.

5. Can analyzing my attempts at a question improve my grades?

Yes, analyzing your attempts at a question can improve your grades. By identifying your mistakes and finding ways to improve, you can strengthen your understanding of the subject and improve your performance on similar questions in the future.