1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which one is a good school?

1. Apr 22, 2005 #1
    Hi, All

My question , is :

Is University of Waterloo, in Canada or UIUC , University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, IL USA , better for Electrical Engineering. ( In terms of ranking and value , quality of instruction etc. etc. )

Comments, or critcisms are welcome!

Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2005 #2

bfd

I'm not sure about the rankings for electrical engineering at UIUC but I know for a fact they are ranked near with MIT for engineering in general. It's a very competitive school. Many of the people from my hs class would apply under a different college program (ex. UIUC's libertal arts program) then transfer later to the program of their choice.

4. Apr 25, 2005 #3
    I have never been to any of those schools so I compare them by the course offerings, I must say University of Waterloo has a good EE program. From what I have seen you get to do alot of electives which other schools do at the masters level.

5. Apr 25, 2005 #4
    MAC>UW at ElecEng hehe. If youwere going for Compsci then it would be the other way.

6. Apr 26, 2005 #5
    A few years ago when I was thinking about going in to EE, UIUC was ranked number two (in the US News ranking) right behing MIT, if I remember correctly. They aren't anymore, but I can only see the top three schools on their website without paying anything, so I don't know where they are right now. From what I hear, it's still one of the best programs in the country.

7. Apr 28, 2005 #6
    Umm, theres no need to post giberish on this forum. I dont know about the school in the states you are speaking of but if you go to U of Waterloo for EE, you will get a top notch education.

Regards,

Nenad

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?