Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which one is a good school?

1. Apr 22, 2005 #1
    Hi, All

My question , is :

Is University of Waterloo, in Canada or UIUC , University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, IL USA , better for Electrical Engineering. ( In terms of ranking and value , quality of instruction etc. etc. )

Comments, or critcisms are welcome!

Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2005 #2

bfd

I'm not sure about the rankings for electrical engineering at UIUC but I know for a fact they are ranked near with MIT for engineering in general. It's a very competitive school. Many of the people from my hs class would apply under a different college program (ex. UIUC's libertal arts program) then transfer later to the program of their choice.

4. Apr 25, 2005 #3
    I have never been to any of those schools so I compare them by the course offerings, I must say University of Waterloo has a good EE program. From what I have seen you get to do alot of electives which other schools do at the masters level.

5. Apr 25, 2005 #4
    MAC>UW at ElecEng hehe. If youwere going for Compsci then it would be the other way.

6. Apr 26, 2005 #5
    A few years ago when I was thinking about going in to EE, UIUC was ranked number two (in the US News ranking) right behing MIT, if I remember correctly. They aren't anymore, but I can only see the top three schools on their website without paying anything, so I don't know where they are right now. From what I hear, it's still one of the best programs in the country.

7. Apr 28, 2005 #6
    Umm, theres no need to post giberish on this forum. I dont know about the school in the states you are speaking of but if you go to U of Waterloo for EE, you will get a top notch education.

Regards,

Nenad

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook