Which Laptop is Better for University: Latitude D630 or MacBook Pro 15?

• Thread starter pharaoh
  • Start date
In summary, the Apple Macbook Pro 15" with XP is the best windows laptop for sale on the market. It is fast, has great graphics, and comes with a warranty.
pharaoh
those two laptops and its specifications provided by the university to purchase which one is better, it doesn't matter if it expensive or not and if it windows or OSX.

Latitude D630
Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2.00GHz 800Mhz Processor 4MB L2 Cache
14.1" WXGA+ Display (Max Res 1440x900)
2GB DDR2-667 SDRAM 2 Dimm
120GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Video: Intel Integrated GMA X3100 (224MB Shared)
8XDVD+/-RW Drive
Internal 56k Modem
Integrated 10/100/1000 LAN
Intel Pro Wireless 3945A/G WLAN 802.11 a/g
Bluetooth
Windows Vista Business with Media
90 Watt AC Adapter
9-Cell Primary Battery
4 Year NBD On-Site CompleteCare* Warranty
S.T.O.P. Theft Registered with Security Tag
*Complete Care - covers non-intentional accidental damage (liquid spills, drops, electrical surge etc.) in addition to normal parts and labor coverage. Fire and theft are not covered.

Apple MacBook Pro 15"
2.2 or 2.4 Intel Core2Duo Processor, 4MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
15.4" Wide Screen (Max Res. 1440x900)
2 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimm (max 4)
160GB SATA 5400rpm Hard Drive
Super Drive DVD+/-RW/CD-RW
NVIDIA Geoforce 8600M GT w/ 128MB GDDR3 SDRAM (or 256MB)
10/100/1000 LAN
Built-in iSight Camera
Built-in Airport Extreme 802.11g Wireless
Built in Bluetooth
Battery
Weight: 5.6lbs
Warranty: 90 Day Telephone-Support & 1 Year Limited Warranty
AppleCare: Extends Warranty to 3 years

Computer science news on Phys.org
Latitude D630
Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2.00GHz 800Mhz Processor 4MB L2 Cache
14.1" WXGA+ Display (Max Res 1440x900)
2GB DDR2-667 SDRAM 2 Dimm
120GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Video: Intel Integrated GMA X3100 (224MB Shared)
8XDVD+/-RW Drive
Internal 56k Modem
Integrated 10/100/1000 LAN
Intel Pro Wireless 3945A/G WLAN 802.11 a/g
Bluetooth
Windows Vista Business with Media
90 Watt AC Adapter
9-Cell Primary Battery
4 Year NBD On-Site CompleteCare* Warranty
S.T.O.P. Theft Registered with Security Tag
*Complete Care - covers non-intentional accidental damage (liquid spills, drops, electrical surge etc.) in addition to normal parts and labor coverage. Fire and theft are not covered.

This one. I'm bias towards Macs, so it was very very difficult for me to choose. I tried my best to ignored the OS. But the Mac seems to have a better graphics card for gaming.

Honestly, they both look pretty good. The thing that ended up getting me on my laptop was the screen size. I opted for a larger screen and I am VERY glad I did so. Just my 2 cents worth for you.

i ll go with the second one

I'd say the Macbook Pro 2.4, but this may not be objective.
I bought one myself, and I can say you won't regret it. Very fast, and top graphics card.
A PC IT magazine ('computable') recently tested and compared 25 windows laptops. They concluded that the Apple Macbook Pro 15" with XP was the big winner and the best windows laptop for sale on the market.

What do you want it for? If you are an occasional gamer I'd suggest the Apple (now that it runs Windows, no doubt). But if you want it just for papers and internet browsing, no need to take it. Take the Dell. I would definitely however, choose the Mac.

1. Which one is better to buy, the more expensive option or the cheaper one?

It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. The more expensive option may have better quality or features, while the cheaper one may be more budget-friendly. Consider what is most important to you before making a decision.

2. Are there any specific brands or models that are recommended?

There are many factors to consider when choosing between brands and models, such as price, features, and customer reviews. It is best to do some research and read reviews to determine which brands and models may be the best fit for you.

3. Is it better to buy the latest version or an older one?

Again, this depends on your individual needs and preferences. The latest version may have newer features but also be more expensive, while an older one may be more budget-friendly but have fewer features. Consider what is most important to you before making a decision.

4. Should I buy from a physical store or online?

This also depends on your personal preferences. Buying from a physical store allows you to see and test the product in person, but online shopping often offers more variety and potentially better deals. It is important to research the seller and read reviews before making a purchase online.

5. Are there any important factors to consider when making a purchase decision?

Some important factors to consider include your budget, the product's features and specifications, customer reviews, and the reputation of the brand or seller. It is also important to consider your specific needs and preferences when deciding which one is better to buy.