1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which one of the following is true in the expanded segment, compared to the normal ve

1. Jan 15, 2010 #1

Ekh

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    In an aneurysm, the cross-sectional area of a vessel expands. With the approximation that blood is non-viscous and incompressible, and that you have laminar flow, which one of the following is true in the expanded segment, compared to the normal vessel?
    1.The flow is higher
    2.The velocity is higher
    3.The velocity is the same
    4.The pressure is lower
    5.The density of the blood increases
    6.None of the above

I have just two tries for this question! Can you help please?? :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2010 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

Re: which one of the following is true in the expanded segment, compared to the norma

What do you think? I'll tell you that it can't be 5 because the blood is assumed to be incompressible.

4. Jan 15, 2010 #3

Ekh

Re: which one of the following is true in the expanded segment, compared to the norma

I think its the fourth answer, since I is higher, then the pressure is lower !

5. Jan 16, 2010 #4

Ekh

Is there any answer? I need help with this !!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook