Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which quark are you?

1. Nov 28, 2016 #1
    quarks.jpg

Personality wise which two are you and give a reason why/example:

Up: Positive or upbeat
    Down: Realist or pessimist
    Strange: Goofy or comedian
    Charm: Social or life of party
    Top: Studious or intellectual
    Bottom: Athletic

I would say I am Down Bottom. I play soccer a few times a week and overall am cynical with situations :biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2016 #2

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

Can't decide between c and s. Not because I am, but because I liked them from the start.

By the way: cynicism doesn't count, that's a sign of smartness and not an aspect of character, like myopia and depressions. They all count as possible side effects for not being stupid. (Sh** storm please at idontcare@write-only-memory.com)

I'm still trying to get my head around your soccer remark, but I'm probably on the wrong continent for this one. And what does that tell me the other way around, for I have watched the two football matches last night that they broadcast here as well as the friendly match between Les Tricolores and the All Blacks the other day ... Cancel c, I guess it's definitely an s.

4. Nov 28, 2016 #3
    Greg, this has to be the coolest thread since I've been a member. I want to play.

Up/Down: As a person I like to think I'm upbeat. As a drummer, the downbeat is important, but musically I'm upbeat (I like the ands and the ahs).
    Charm/ Strange: You may have to rework this question as some people may find strangeness charming
    All that being said, my family considers me strange. I consider my self charming.
    Top/Bottom: I'd like to be on top, but I just ain't smart enough. I'm a brick with certain topics. I've always been active, but I am no athlete. Perhaps I exist in a superposition between these two states.

Good fun, I look forward to subsequent responses.

5. Nov 28, 2016 #4

fresh_42

O.k., t-b-superposition is allowed, but the u-d-superposition is reserved to our bipolar friends. :woot::cry:

6. Nov 28, 2016 #5
    I might qualify :biggrin:.

7. Nov 28, 2016 #6

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Down: always the pessimist

Top: Can study for hours at a time without interruption

Bottom: After studying, I can go to the kick boxing gym for an hour workout or get on my bike and ride 50+ miles at a time

8. Nov 28, 2016 #7

Drakkith

I feel like I'm more of a gluon-type. I constantly get stretched to the breaking point before the universe says "Ah, Screw it! Throw him a bone!" and creates a few particles and antiparticles to release the pressure on me.

9. Nov 28, 2016 #8

1oldman2

Gold Member

I would have to begin with strange, the reason needs no explanation.
    second choice would be a "bastard combination" made up of two up quarks, a down quark, a charm quark, and an anti-charm quark, but I'm not sure if I have passed peer review yet. :smile:
    (Cool thread by the way) :thumbup:

10. Nov 28, 2016 #9
    Reckon I'm more of Up, but a bit Strange with a tad of Charm every now and then.

11. Nov 28, 2016 #10

strangerep

Science Advisor

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Aren't there modern medical procedures that can repair a dragging rear end?

And btw, I must object most strenuously to your oversimplified characterization of Strangian folk as goofy. I know at least one Strangian who goes about in deep and serious contemplation wearing a black hat and cape. He also has a certain admixture of the charm quark, using it in dastardly ways to seduce young ladies with his hypnotic gaze. (Lock up your daughters when he's in town.) :devil:

12. Nov 29, 2016 #11

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're so colorful.
    colorful.png

13. Nov 29, 2016 #12
    Yeah, new shocks and maybe air bags in the coil springs. Pre-load the suspension for quicker 60" times :smile:

14. Nov 29, 2016 #13
    Strange. I'm the Doctor Stephen Strange Quark.

15. Dec 9, 2016 #14

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

Up and down.

:)) Are you punning or have I misinterpreted this?

16. Dec 9, 2016 #15

Drakkith

Puns puns puns! :biggrin:

17. Dec 9, 2016 #16

fresh_42

Sure? I very much think it should be the b-quark. And of course with its alternative name!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted