PF Members: Which Roast Dinner Do You Prefer?

• Thread starter brewnog
  • Start date
In summary, members of PF seem to prefer traditional roast options such as chicken, turkey, beef, pork, and lamb. However, some members also enjoy more exotic options like elk, moose, wild boar, deer, kangaroo, and even stallion. Others prefer game birds such as pheasant, duck, and squab. However, there are some who do not eat meat at all or have dietary restrictions that limit their options. Overall, opinions on roast dinner options are varied among PF members.

Which roast dinner?

• Chicken

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Turkey

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Beef

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Pork

• Lamb

• Whale

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
None of my favourite meat is on the menu.
Not even whale. :grumpy:

Physics news on Phys.org
arildno said:
None of my favourite meat is on the menu.
Not even whale. :grumpy:
Roast whale? Check the poll again. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Roast whale?
Whale burger is great!
(Technically, that's barbecued whale I guess..)

EDIT:
:smile:

Evo said:
No, that's a scary looking yorkshire pudding.

Traditional yorkshire pudding is baked in drippings in the same pan that the roast was cooked in, so it is usually large and rectangular and you cut it into squares. That's some new age yorkshire pudding there. :grumpy: Goes to show you can't trust wikipedia. :tongue:

This is a real yorkshire pudding.
The thing in the wikipedia photo looks like a popover to me. From what you had posted before for recipes, pretty much the only difference is using oil or shortening to grease the pan instead of roast drippings...and you make popovers in muffin pans, not a baking pan.

Moonbear said:
The thing in the wikipedia photo looks like a popover to me. From what you had posted before for recipes, pretty much the only difference is using oil or shortening to grease the pan instead of roast drippings...and you make popovers in muffin pans, not a baking pan.
Yep, they're just popovers unless they're cooked in the roast drippings in a roasting pan.

I see we have one vote for roast whale. :tongue:

Evo said:
I see we have one vote for roast whale. :tongue:
Wow, that would require a large oven! :bugeye:

Moonbear said:
Yorkshire popovers!?

Some new age thing perhaps. :rolleyes:

I see that Evo is a purist when it comes to Yorkshire pudding.

Anyway, my daughter was experimenting in the kitchen this evening with some butter, minced garlic and other seasonings, and she made some garlic bread fingers. I tried some with the leftover beef, which was pretty good.

But the garlic, basil and rosemary, made me think of roast lamb in garlic, basil and rosemary baste or sauté. Sometimes we have a mint jelly with lamb, and my mom used to make a mint sauce from fresh mint that we grew, but is was a bit sour since she used vinegar.

Moonbear said:
Wow, that would require a large oven! :bugeye:
More like a furnace! Although there are some steel mills with large enough ovens. :rolleyes:

Well, if your oven isn't big enough for a whale, you can content yourself with a dolphin instead.
(Seal is also tasty, BTW, but not polar bear)

My favorite is coelacanth roast with frozen broccoli, but beef works well.

Whale... my arch rival

Whale!Espically the ones form oaklhoma(but the made it illgegaly :grumpy:)

Well, I finally had my first pheasant. The guy at work that hunts brought me some pheasant that he cooked. It was so tender that I could cut it with a plastic fork. He is a great cook and he always brings me a sample of what he's made.

He's going deer hunting soon. Mmmmmm, I told him to make more of that deer sausage with the jalepenos and cheddar cheese that he gave me last year. It's the best sausage I've ever eaten.

I've decided to do a smoked turkey for dinner tonight. The weather is supposed to cool off next week, so it will be a perfect time to throw the carcass into a big pot and make smoked turkey and bean soup. :!)

I also got a call from the other guy I worked with (aka my muse) that was a former chef and he's offered to come over and cook me a pot of his incredible shrimp gumbo. It'll have to wait until I get everything put away. He's terribly obsessive compulsive. He pours 6-7 gallons of bleach into his bath tub and let's it sit overnight once a week, he even disinfects his mailbox. He said he spends about $300/mo on cleaning supplies. He'd make a good wife.

How are you getting by with the injured elbow, Evo? Do you still have your arm in the sling? I'd think it would be pretty hard to cook.

Math Is Hard said:
How are you getting by with the injured elbow, Evo? Do you still have your arm in the sling? I'd think it would be pretty hard to cook.
The pain has gotten worse. I should have allowed him to put it in a cast. With it in a sling, I keep forgetting not to use it until the jolt of pain hits. I have all my porcelain toureens sitting atop the kitchen cabinets and I need to <gasp> climb a ladder and carry them down. Sounds like a job for the evil child.

I figure a smoked turkey is already cooked, I can hack pieces off of it, probably the easiest solution for food right now.

Cooking can't be too fun with one hand. We've been preparing for a cookout with friends that we only see once or twice a year. Digging carrots, picking peppers, cukes, tomatoes, etc, and cutting herbs and chives. Having one arm in a sling would make lots of that stuff pretty tough. Get well soon.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1440236&postcount=808

Hmmm I'll go with roast chicken...I love roast chicken! I like roast beef to but it isn't much of a treat for me, sometimes I swear the next time I have to eat another roast beef or steak will be to soon. It's good stuff but when you have nearly a whole cow in your freezer you eat more of it than you would sometimes like haha.

It has to be beef, Irish corned beef is my favorite, no need to ask how to corn it, my last effort was a disaster, it is not the tined stuff.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of this study?</h2><p>This study aims to gather data on the preferred roast dinner of PF members in order to better understand their dietary preferences and inform future menu options.</p><h2>2. Who are considered PF members?</h2><p>PF members refer to individuals who are part of the PF community, such as employees, regular customers, or members of the loyalty program.</p><h2>3. How will the data be collected?</h2><p>The data will be collected through an online survey that will be distributed to PF members via email or social media platforms.</p><h2>4. What are the options for roast dinner in this study?</h2><p>The options for roast dinner in this study include chicken, beef, pork, lamb, and vegetarian options.</p><h2>5. Will the results of this study be publicly available?</h2><p>The results of this study may be shared publicly, but all personal information will be kept confidential. The data will be used for research purposes only.</p>

1. What is the purpose of this study?

This study aims to gather data on the preferred roast dinner of PF members in order to better understand their dietary preferences and inform future menu options.

2. Who are considered PF members?

PF members refer to individuals who are part of the PF community, such as employees, regular customers, or members of the loyalty program.

3. How will the data be collected?

The data will be collected through an online survey that will be distributed to PF members via email or social media platforms.

4. What are the options for roast dinner in this study?

The options for roast dinner in this study include chicken, beef, pork, lamb, and vegetarian options.

5. Will the results of this study be publicly available?

The results of this study may be shared publicly, but all personal information will be kept confidential. The data will be used for research purposes only.

Back