1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Which School? [Canada]

Tags:
  1. Mar 7, 2016 #1
    I am finishing grade 12 and want to pursue a career in physics/mathematics. I applied to, and was accepted into said programs at McMaster, Queen's, and University of Western Ontario. I was wondering whether any one had a specific advantage over another? (Undergrad)

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2016 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I don't think there's any major advantage of one of the others. They are all great schools on par with each other, in my opinion.

Given that, you're in a position to make a decision based on your own personal preferences. Is it going to be cheaper to go to one over another? Do you think you'll excel in one place? Is there one program that's particularly attractive to you? I would aim for the one where it seem like you're the most comfortable at because, at the end of the day, what will matter is how much you learn and how well you perform.

4. Mar 8, 2016 #3
    Why didn't you apply to U of T?

5. Mar 8, 2016 #4
    Yeah that makes sense! Thank you!

6. Mar 8, 2016 #5
    When I visited I didn't quite feel as comfortable with the school as a whole as I did with the other three.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted