Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which Ti-89 to get?

Tags:
  1. Jan 10, 2013 #1
    So I was looking on Amazon.com and found ti-89s for sale. I saw this add: https://www.amazon.com/Texas-Instruments-89TVSC-CBX-1L1/dp/B0002QKTXK/ref=pd_sbs_op_5

If you read the description, it talks about the calculator having 4gb of DDR memory and intel dual core processors....

This all seems fishy considering none of the other postings say this... so is this all true?

Also, how many models of the ti-89 titanium are out there? I've just found the viewscreen one and the non-viewscreen models... any other ones out there?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2013 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Aug 8, 2013 #3

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

I was just looking at the TI 89's on there too, and noticed this same listing. It costs an extra $20 and has a bunch of insane sounding specs.

So...is this thing not legit? I was skeptical as soon as I read it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is only ONE version of the TI 89 Titanium, right?

This mentions having software that will hook directly up to a projector as well. Could that be the difference in the specs? If that's the case, I can't imagine needing to hook my calculator up to a projector anytime soon, so I think I'd pass on that.

5. Aug 8, 2013 #4

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

Ahh, I think I just answered the question. According to a reviewer, this is a teachers model. I'm guessing the included projector software/display thing is what determines that.

In the picture, it look like it actually comes with a separate display. I'm going to guess that I don't need this...lol

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook