1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Which University to go to?

1. Jan 13, 2008 #1
    I read quite alot about a few universities around Australia, i am currently at High School at Coffs Harbour and to get the best education i will be forced to move (which is cool because "good something to bad rubbish"). I will go to university 2 years before i graduate yr 12 (HSC), I can do this because im an accelerated student in Mathematics. I am considering to stay with my grandparents in Sydney, its probably easier that way. So what is the best university within about 50 km of Sydney. I'm considering University of Sydney? Does anyone have any opinions on Sydney University? Apparently they have the largest library in the (i think) West-ern Hemisphere.

Also, I would like to get a scholarship, how many is there, how much, how do i go about getting one, do accelerated students get more chance if do well

Thanks everyone for your posts

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2015 #2
    I know very little about Australia's education system and its Universities, but I can say that if its anything like the United States' your high school will inform you about scholarships when you get into higher grade levels (since your post implied that you are nearing 10th grade or so). I can also say that scholarships vary dramatically. There are scholarships that completely cover the cost of college, and some that barely help with textbooks. I don't know what you mean by "do accelerated students get more chance if do well," can you please rephrase that or clarify?

4. Feb 19, 2015 #3
    Sometimes, but absolutely don't depend on this. Do some looking around online, at least in the US there are quite a bit of privately-funded scholarships which you'll never hear about otherwise.

5. Feb 20, 2015 #4
    I meant he/she would be informed about how to go about applying to scholarships in school, not necessarily learning about specific ones.

6. Feb 20, 2015 #5

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Look at the date on the first post in this thread. kurt.physics has probably finished university by now. :biggrin:

7. Feb 20, 2015 #6
    Holy crap you're right I'm an idiot.

8. Feb 20, 2015 #7

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

If it's any consolation, you're far from the first person to fall into a time warp like this.

Just watch out for this when you do a forum search. That applies to everybody, not just you. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted