White hole / black hole theory

In summary, the conversation discusses the theories of black holes and white holes. Black holes are known to suck in matter and energy and crush them into an infinitely small, dense point. It is unclear what happens to the matter inside a black hole, as modern physics cannot accurately describe it. White holes are the theoretical opposite of black holes and may exist as an area where matter and energy are expelled from a singularity into space. However, there is no evidence for their existence. Some speculate that white holes may be linked to black holes through wormholes, but this is also just an assumption. Overall, the understanding of black holes and white holes remains a mystery and there is still much debate and speculation surrounding them.
DR OF DEATH
white hole black hole theory:

so a black hole sucks in matter and energy and crushes it to an infinitly small dense point. ok but then what happens?

and what are white holes? do they exist? what do they do?

can anyone explain to me about black and white holes and what if any link is there between them.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
white holes- the equivelant to black hole. a white hole is an area where matter and energy goes out of it from a singularity to space.
no one knows if they do exist.

the link between them might be with a wormhole (matter goes in black hole and after that it exit through the white hole), but this is also just an assumption.

ok but does anyone know what happens to the matter that goes into a black hole, or is this still a mystery. i know it gets crushed really small but then what
[?]

It's a mystery. Modern physics cannot accurately describe what goes on at the singularity where both huge gravitational effects and quantum-scale events become significant. (Relativity and Quantum Mechanics have yet to be linked...e.g., through some theory of Quantum Gravity)

The mass/energy may simply stay there or it may explode into a new universe. Who knows?

A white hole is another mathematical solution to (I think) General Relativity...however, there is no evidence for their existence. It is the opposite of a black hole (point at which nothing can enter?). There is some speculation (mostly in Sci Fi it seems) that there is a wormhole/tunnel between black holes and white holes. But there's no evidence that wormholes exist either.

so black holes crush matter and do god knows what with it, white holes may exist and if they do we don't really know what it is they are.humm perplexing

There might or might not be a singularity inside a black hole (if I'm not mistaken). If there is one, matter is indeed 'crushed' to a point (all dimensions are zero). The safest bet is to say that the matter just exists then, nothing happens to it. There are some complicated explanations, but I'm afraid most are just speculations.

Most scientists agree that white holes are highly unlikey to exist. Mathemathically, they might, but they probably don't. A comparison I've always liked is that let's say that a man 2 m long weights 100 kg, and a man 1 m long weights 50 kg, and that it's a general law. This allows a man of 20 m and 1000 kg exist, but I haven't heard of any...

By the way, I'm not sure, but I think that in the case of wormholes there might be black holes at both ends, not just one...

White Holes do not exist. They do not follow the second law of thmerodyanmics.

The same set of Equations give rise to White holes and Blacholes, both are relative, and both are evolutions of Relativy Theory.

There is a perception principle, where a White hole emerges from a Blackhole(both are one end of a single(singularity)set of Einsteins Equations. The emerging of a White hole from around a Blackhole is equivilent to that of every Galaxy is deemed to have a black hole core at its centre, and looking from outside these equations(looking at another Galaxy in space) a Galaxy is the white hole surrounding a black hole!

All the problems occur when one tries to percieve a black hole and/or a white hole from within a Galaxy, we do this because we are part of a white hole, being we are inside a white hole that is surrounding a Blackhole that is at our Galactice Core within our Milky Way.

The theory of Einsteins Relativity has always thrown up perceptional problems for observers/mathematicians, who try and comprhend a Reality, on oneside you have the Quantum holes(BLACK/unseen) and on the otherside you have Special Relativity, and the Cosmologists who look and see the Cosmos through telescopes, they see a load of Whiteholes..STARS..filling the dark night sky as..GALAXIES!

It is most interesting that the Equations give rise to a Star(white hole) can create a black hole during a supernova collapse, but this is also one of the most misguided perceptional problems today, more realistic that a Star emerges from a Blackhole,Blackholes creates Whitehole(Stars in Galaxies) who as ever heard of a Star that create a white hole?..its a perceptional thing that we humans find most difficult balenced, by our Time related Equations, shows that Stars are themselves Whiteholes.

Last edited:
ok this is all getting really confusing now, I am giving up and going away from this thread.

(mutters under breath) wish i'd never started the topic.

Originally posted by ranyart
The theory of Einsteins Relativity has always thrown up perceptional problems for observers/mathematicians, who try and comprhend a Reality, on oneside you have the Quantum holes(BLACK/unseen) and on the otherside you have Special Relativity, and the Cosmologists who look and see the Cosmos through telescopes, they see a load of Whiteholes..STARS..filling the dark night sky as..GALAXIES!

It is most interesting that the Equations give rise to a Star(white hole) can create a black hole during a supernova collapse, but this is also one of the most misguided perceptional problems today, more realistic that a Star emerges from a Blackhole,Blackholes creates Whitehole(Stars in Galaxies) who as ever heard of a Star that create a white hole?..its a perceptional thing that we humans find most difficult balenced, by our Time related Equations, shows that Stars are themselves Whiteholes.

Um stars aren't white holes. I don't think you know what you're talking about. They're balls of gas that are fusing due to the gravity of all that mass. If every star was white hole, we'd see a hell of a lot more black hole evidence don't you think? I'd read up on cosmology a little more.

oooohh bit**y

ok so to summarize no one really knows what goes on in black holes and white holes may or may not exist.

ok I am outta here till we get some definite answers

Stars are not white holes, and white holes are highly hypothetical. They probably don't exist.

Black holes, on the other hand, do exist. It's fairly safe to say that nothing happens to the matter that falls into it (except it gets compressed). It just goes on existing.

Has anyone been able to predict the size or age of a Black Hole? Since we are now discussing super-massive Black Holes, it would seem that the stuff [stuff inside of the Black Holes] stays around in this universe. But, then it occurs to me that gravity does escape from black holes. By this, we have information about what's in there - how much mass. However, even if a star fell into a Black Hole a million years ago, and even if it goes into another universe after falling in, wouldn't we see the effects of the mass in this universe virtually forever due to time dilation inside of the even horizon?

Edit: Doesn't our theoretical ability to measure the increase in mass of a Black Hole [as something falls in] void the statement that no information can traverse the event horizon?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Edit: Doesn't our theoretical ability to measure the increase in mass of a Black Hole [as something falls in] void the statement that no information can traverse the event horizon?

you are familiar with Hawking radiation, are you not? information can and does leave a black hole.

Originally posted by maximus
you are familiar with Hawking radiation, are you not? information can and does leave a black hole.

Well, maybe I was thinking of something else. But what about the time dilation for things falling in? EDIT: It would seem that even if things falling in eventually would leave this universe, by the effects of time dilation, they are forever stuck falling, inside of the event horizon, and frozen in time for an eternity. By this the paradox seems to be resolved.

Last edited:

Does this actually tell us anything about what's inside of the Black Hole?

EDIT: It would seem that even if things falling in eventually would leave this universe, by the effects of time dilation, they are forever stuck falling, inside of the event horizon, and frozen in time for an eternity. By this the paradox seems to be resolved.

if a black hole has a singularity, than yes, time would end. but i don't know if falling in a singularity is the same thing as "falling out of the universe".
p.s.: like the new avatar. very creepy. are those actual government photos?

Does this actually tell us anything about what's inside of the Black Hole?

no, but you're missing the point. there is nothing inside a black hole but gravity.

no, but you're missing the point. there is nothing inside a black hole but gravity.
Yes, but what causes the gravity? There must be matter = mass, which is finite and measureable.
That would also seem to rule out the conjecture that the matter / mass flows out somewhere as a "White Hole". If it did, the BH would have no way to increase in mass, as many do. Someone else mentioned that a "singularity" may, or does not need, to exist. For all we know, the event horizon may be the "surface" of the matter of a star that has collapsed to a state more compressed than a neutron star. Neutron stars have a definable surface. Hawking dumped the singularity idea years ago.

To clarify some things: White holes cannot exist. Not only do they violate thermodynamics, but also if there existed any white hole, we'd see it. It would pour out so much radiation that it would be extremely detectable.

Gravity does not escape from a black hole. Remember, gravity is not only a field, but the curvature of spacetime. This curvature of spacetime does not escape from a black hole.

As for Hawking radiation, yes it is information, but it is not yet clear if it is useful information.

Originally posted by Brad_Ad23
To clarify some things: White holes cannot exist. Not only do they violate thermodynamics, but also if there existed any white hole, we'd see it. It would pour out so much radiation that it would be extremely detectable.

I'm not saying that white holes exist, they don't. exactly because of what you just said. but that argument doesn't rule out the possibility that they might exist in a more mature universe. before stars, were there beings that wondered if a star could ever be possible?

I wasn't really saying anyone was specifically, just to point out finally why they can't. And chances are, if there were beings before stars...they'd have to be non-corporeal. Since before stars, there were no heavy elements, and the laws of physics would still prohibit white holes then anyways.

if p.s.: like the new avatar. very creepy. are those actual government photos?

Hehe. Thanks. This picture really creeped me out...it looks a little too good. The full sized image is fairly impressive. But no, in spite of the claims otherwise, I have no reason to believe this is a genuine photo.

pss...maximus...it is really a picture of me but don't tell anyone.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Brad_Ad23
To clarify some things: White holes cannot exist. Not only do they violate thermodynamics,...

Doesn't this depend on how we define our closed system; is it one universe or two?

Gravity does not escape from a black hole. Remember, gravity is not only a field, but the curvature of spacetime. This curvature of spacetime does not escape from a black hole.

Egad that was a terrible choice of words. I stand corrected.

As for Hawking radiation, yes it is information, but it is not yet clear if it is useful information.

What struck me as interesting was that we can say something about what happens to a mass after it passes the event horizon. Since if a singularity does exist, from our point of view time would stop for any object beyond the EH, then why did the whole debate about black holes being gateways to other universes ever exist? [I don't mean just here but for the last 30 years]. The whole line of reasoning appears to be inconsistent. What good is a gateway through which nothing can really ever pass in the lifetime of the universe?

Ok let me get this straight too all of u guys, black holes infinite gravity sources that come frome a star say 100 times more heavier then our own sun,ok? the star goes up in a big bang but instead of realising all the gasses into space it collapses under its own gravity thus creating a black hole, its made of himesphires outer horizon and inner horizon i correct me if I am wrong at the center therese infinite gravity.

So it is possible that when it sucked all the matter that got throught the singularity,it might also spit it out ina diffrent space time or what so ever.

of corse even if we do confirm their existence itle be impposible to traver through one.
measuring its starts with a black hole even if it spits you out at a distant point itl probably spit u in shreds, so even if they exist,doesn't matter youl be dead by the time you get to the othr side. :P so good luck in the distant future to some moron that will wan't to go in it (if it exist) :D "happy face"

This is what will happen if you enter a black hole: let's say your on your last voyadge into a black hole and you have a clock and your friends have a clock if you notice youl start to see that as you get closer the time starts to slow down withs is caused by the gravity frome the black hole as you get even clser your body will starth to stretch down like spaggeti until your atoms start to disintergrate"atom by atom youll star falling apart"

even if you manneggged to get out forme a white hole like i said you in small pieces at the size of an atom :P

hope this was at least a litle acurrate (what i know about black hole so far) :)

1. What is the difference between a white hole and a black hole?

A black hole is a region in space where the gravitational pull is so strong that nothing, including light, can escape from it. On the other hand, a white hole is a hypothetical region in space where matter and energy can only escape from it, but nothing can enter. Essentially, a black hole sucks in matter and energy, while a white hole expels it.

2. Is there any evidence for the existence of white holes?

Currently, there is no observational evidence for the existence of white holes. They are purely theoretical and have not been observed in nature. Some scientists theorize that white holes may be connected to black holes, but this is still a topic of ongoing research and debate.

3. Can a black hole turn into a white hole?

According to current theories, it is not possible for a black hole to turn into a white hole. This is because a black hole's gravity is so strong that it would require an infinite amount of energy to reverse its gravitational pull and turn it into a white hole.

4. How do white holes relate to the Big Bang theory?

Some scientists propose that white holes may be connected to the Big Bang theory, as they could be the opposite of black holes. They could represent the beginning of the universe, where matter and energy were rapidly expanding and escaping from a single point.

5. Can anything enter a white hole?

No, according to the theory of white holes, nothing can enter them. They are a one-way flow of matter and energy, expelling everything that enters them. However, as mentioned earlier, this is still a topic of ongoing research and debate, and there may be other theories that propose the possibility of entering a white hole.