Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

White holes

1. Feb 2, 2006 #1
    What's all this I hear about White holes....some kind of opposite of a black hole that emitts matter and light instead of sucking it in? Is this an actual theory or just conjecture?
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2006 #2
    It's 100% pure speculation.
  4. Feb 8, 2006 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or, at least it's a possible mathematical solution to the equations of Relativity, but something that has no physical/observational evidence yet.
  5. Feb 10, 2006 #4
    That's true Phobos, because we can't see what's on the other side of a black hole then how the blinking heck do we know what's there. I think it's a very interesting theory though. I first heard about white holes on the comedy " Red Dwarf" where Kryten say's " I've never seen one before no one has, but I'm guessing it's a white hole. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, a black hole sucks time and matter out of the universe, a white hole returns it." hmmmm!
  6. Apr 3, 2006 #5
    Quasars may be white holes. No proof or evidence yet though.
  7. Apr 3, 2006 #6
    whiteholes, yea who called me?
    I think can't exist now since it defies the 2nd law of thermodynamics. So if it does, the law have to be changed. Quasars are not whiteholes?!?!?! try comparing the big bang to a whitehole!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?