Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

White peppercorns and green peppercorns

1. Oct 18, 2008 #1
    I just bought some pepper. I didn't know what kind to get so I bought the kind that has its own grinder built in. Then I had to chose between the black peppercorns or the peppercorn medley. I got the medley and it has black peppercorns, pink peppercorns, white peppercorns and green peppercorns. What's the difference? And if you say color I'm gonna flip you off.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2008 #2
    Re: pepper

Jee,z I don't wanna be flipped off, so I'm not going to be the one who tells him.

4. Oct 18, 2008 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Each color tastes slightly different. Try.

5. Oct 18, 2008 #4

Are they different varieties? or are they like green, yellow, red peppers just different ripeness.

6. Oct 18, 2008 #5

where the hell have you been?

7. Oct 18, 2008 #6

Pink peppercorns are from an entirely different bush, a different species of the black pepper . And white pepper is black pepper that has fully matured and has had the skin taken off.

8. Oct 18, 2008 #7

Is your birthday really Halloween? That explains so much.

9. Oct 18, 2008 #8

okay, how do I tell them apart?

10. Oct 18, 2008 #9

Why as a matter of fact I've been to Hell.
    http://www.hell2u.com/
    And yes my real BD is Halloween.

11. Oct 18, 2008 #10

you haven't been to hell til you've been to Arizona

12. Oct 18, 2008 #11

Ive been to AZ a hundred times, it gets hot as Hell, but just doent have the cute tee shirts. You know the ones"My friend went to Hell and brought me back this shirt".

13. Oct 18, 2008 #12

you have not been to AZ a hundred times. I don't believe you. I've only been to AZ maybe 9 times and I've lived here for 20 years. I've told you a million times not to exaggerate

14. Oct 18, 2008 #13

OK alright already ....maybe it was only 80 times. But it sure felt like 100

15. Oct 18, 2008 #14

why are you hiding?

16. Oct 18, 2008 #15

Okay, thanks a lot everyone. I took apart the grinder so that I could pull out different colored peppercorns and now I can't get it back together.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?