Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Whiteboard feature

1. Mar 22, 2015 #1

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This is an awesome feature. How does one attach the drawing to the post though?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2015 #2
    There should be a green save button at the bottom and then upload as attachment

4. Mar 22, 2015 #3

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hmm, I'm unable to see it.

whiteboard.jpg

5. Mar 22, 2015 #4
    I'll look at it tomorrow

6. Mar 23, 2015 #5
    Does anyone else not see the save button. Here is what I see using Chrome 41

yeah.png

7. Mar 23, 2015 #6
    Looks like the save button doesn't show in IE or FF

8. Mar 23, 2015 #7

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I am using chrome 41 too but I don't see it.

9. Mar 23, 2015 #8

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm using the latest version of Chrome and only see the save snapshot button. It works and saves it on my HD. Now I'm going to upload:
    Snapshot.jpg
    Is that the way it's supposed to work, by going through the upload after closing the whiteboard?

10. Mar 23, 2015 #9
    Correct, you must save and then upload. There is no real connection to PF.

11. Mar 23, 2015 #10

OCR

With Firefox version 36.0.4, and Adblock Plus disabled... This what I see when I click... WHITEBOARD.

Whiteboard.JPG

12. Mar 23, 2015 #11
    Yeah for the free version there is a very low session amount. I am kind of waiting to see if members find it worthwhile before upping it. But I guess that is difficult when you can't access it at all.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  13. Mar 23, 2015 #12

OCR

It's not an issue for me, Greg... :oldsmile:

I'm barely able to negotiate in the standard "Post Reply" text box... Lol

14. Mar 23, 2015 #13
    I've upped the available sessions and submitted a ticket for support on the save button

15. Mar 23, 2015 #14
    ok the save button should show for everyone now, I just needed to add a little length. I'll make a full announcement and how-to tomorrow

16. Mar 24, 2015 #15

DrGreg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's a problem with Firefox if you are viewing with a less-than-100% zoom factor. In that case, the bottom of the whiteboard is missing. I routinely use 90% zoom on Physics Forums and find the bottom 10% of the whiteboard is missing.

17. Mar 24, 2015 #16
    I might have to ditch the pop up and just load it in a full window. Do you get scrollbars?

18. Mar 24, 2015 #17

DrGreg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, not when I enter at 90%.

If I then zoom in to 100% and then back out to 90%, the vertical scrollbar appears.

P.S. I should clarify that "the bottom 10% is missing" means that about half the "Save Snapshot" button is missing.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook