Whiteboard Feature: Attaching Drawings to Posts

• Thread starter dx
  • Start date
In summary, members are discussing the save button not appearing for everyone and the issue of the bottom of the whiteboard being cut off when using Firefox with a less-than-100% zoom factor. The solution for the save button was to add a little length and make a full announcement and how-to tomorrow. It is also suggested to ditch the pop up and load the whiteboard in a full window to avoid the issue with Firefox.
dx
Homework Helper
Gold Member
This is an awesome feature. How does one attach the drawing to the post though?

Physics news on Phys.org
There should be a green save button at the bottom and then upload as attachment

Hmm, I'm unable to see it.

whiteboard.jpg

I am using chrome 41 too but I don't see it.

Likes Suraj M
I'm using the latest version of Chrome and only see the save snapshot button. It works and saves it on my HD. Now I'm going to upload:
Snapshot.jpg

Is that the way it's supposed to work, by going through the upload after closing the whiteboard?

Likes Greg Bernhardt
LCKurtz said:
Is that the way it's supposed to work, by going through the upload after closing the whiteboard?
Correct, you must save and then upload. There is no real connection to PF.

With Firefox version 36.0.4, and Adblock Plus disabled... This what I see when I click... WHITEBOARD.

Whiteboard.JPG

OCR said:
With Firefox version 36.0.4, and Adblock Plus disabled... This what I see when I click... WHITEBOARD.

Yeah for the free version there is a very low session amount. I am kind of waiting to see if members find it worthwhile before upping it. But I guess that is difficult when you can't access it at all.

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Yeah for the free version there is a very low session amount. I am kind of waiting to see if members find it worthwhile before upping it.
But I guess that is difficult when you can access it at all.
It's not an issue for me, Greg... :oldsmile:

I'm barely able to negotiate in the standard "Post Reply" text box... Lol

I've upped the available sessions and submitted a ticket for support on the save button

ok the save button should show for everyone now, I just needed to add a little length. I'll make a full announcement and how-to tomorrow

There's a problem with Firefox if you are viewing with a less-than-100% zoom factor. In that case, the bottom of the whiteboard is missing. I routinely use 90% zoom on Physics Forums and find the bottom 10% of the whiteboard is missing.

DrGreg said:
There's a problem with Firefox if you are viewing with a less-than-100% zoom factor. In that case, the bottom of the whiteboard is missing. I routinely use 90% zoom on Physics Forums and find the bottom 10% of the whiteboard is missing.
I might have to ditch the pop up and just load it in a full window. Do you get scrollbars?

Greg Bernhardt said:
I might have to ditch the pop up and just load it in a full window. Do you get scrollbars?
No, not when I enter at 90%.

If I then zoom into 100% and then back out to 90%, the vertical scrollbar appears.

P.S. I should clarify that "the bottom 10% is missing" means that about half the "Save Snapshot" button is missing.

Last edited:

1. How do I attach a drawing to a post using the Whiteboard feature?

To attach a drawing to a post using the Whiteboard feature, simply click on the "Attach Drawing" button located at the bottom of the post editor. This will open up the Whiteboard tool where you can create your drawing.

2. Can I edit or delete a drawing attached to a post?

Yes, you can edit or delete a drawing that is attached to a post. Simply click on the drawing to open it in the Whiteboard tool, make your changes, and then click "Save" to update the drawing on your post.

3. Is there a limit to the size or complexity of a drawing that can be attached to a post?

There is no specific limit to the size or complexity of a drawing that can be attached to a post using the Whiteboard feature. However, keep in mind that larger or more complex drawings may take longer to load and may affect the overall performance of the post.

4. Can I attach multiple drawings to a single post?

Yes, you can attach multiple drawings to a single post using the Whiteboard feature. Simply click on the "Attach Drawing" button each time you want to add a new drawing to your post.

5. Are there any privacy settings for the drawings attached to a post?

The privacy settings for the drawings attached to a post will depend on the overall privacy settings for the post itself. If the post is set to be visible to only certain individuals or groups, then the attached drawings will also only be visible to those same individuals or groups.