What sparked my love for physics and my journey to becoming a scientist?

• Thread starter Valeria Misakova
  • Start date
In summary, my love for physics was sparked by my curiosity and fascination with the natural world and how it works. As I delved deeper into the subject, I discovered the beauty and complexity of the laws and principles that govern our universe. This led me on a journey to become a scientist, constantly seeking to understand and unravel the mysteries of the physical world through experimentation and observation. Through my passion for physics, I have gained a deeper appreciation for the wonders of our universe and a desire to continue exploring and pushing the boundaries of scientific knowledge.
Valeria Misakova
Hello! My name is Valeria Misakova, but you can call me Val, and I’m currently still in high school but I’ll be taking physics my sophomore year just to get a boost on the AP exam.

My interest for physics began a while after 6th grade when I realized that law wasn’t what I wanted to do. So 7th grade for me was more about me wanting to be a scientist of any kind and studying physics at UT Austin but then I had a breakthrough of my own and realized that there’s hardly a physics community in my town.

My entire life I’ve always been underrated and I’ve always been an underdog since I hardly receive any recognition, specially in my middle school years. However, I saw one of Feynman’s quotes and it talked about how you should never live up to peoples expectations so I started isolating myself and doing things on my own.

The summer before 9th grade I learned Trig on my own and took a whole course over astrophysics. I definitely love physics and that’s an ultimatum for me and my future because I really do enjoy it. I hope that through this forum I can interact with bright minds and learn more things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes sysprog, berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. I hope we can further your interest in the great subject of physics.

Likes Valeria Misakova
Welcome to the PF, Val. It sounds like you are a bright and motivated person -- keep it up! :smile:

Likes Valeria Misakova
Hey, nice young gal, I hope and trust that your interest hasn't waned -- Physics is a tough discipline, laden with drudgery and tedium, but it can yield treasures of insight to the patient and persistent, as well as to the ineffably brilliant.