Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who Are You ?

1. Physics Professor (teacher)/PhD student

2 vote(s)
  2. Physics student (Major taken Physics, I mean B.Sc. in Physics)

6 vote(s)
  3. Pure Science Student (Other than Physics: Mathematics, Chemistry)

6 vote(s)
  4. Engineering Student (I know Engg. Students take a little physics course)

7 vote(s)
  5. Science Student (Mostly: Life Science)

6 vote(s)
  6. Students of Social Sciences

1 vote(s)
  7. Professionals but was students of Science

5 vote(s)
  8. Professionals but was students except Science

3 vote(s)
  1. Jan 9, 2004 #1
    Who Are You ???

This is just my curiosity, that there are many people in this forum (member & guests) but I want to know, from what sectors they are coming here!

1) Physics Professor/PhD student
    2) Physics student (Major taken Physics, I mean B.Sc. in Physics)
    3) Pure Science Student (Other than Physics: Mathematics, Chemistry)
    4) Engineering Student (I know Engg. Students read a little physics)
    5) Science Student (Mostly Life Science)
    6) Students of Social Sciences
    7) Professionals but was students of Science
    8) Professionals but was students of other subjects except science
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2004 #2
    I have a master's degree in physics, but work now for social concerns.
  4. Jan 9, 2004 #3
    Hmm...in social concerns do you apply your physics knowledge?

From my part, I always thinking that one should do what he/she has studied for long days :)
  5. Jan 9, 2004 #4
    I'm a pure science student studying pure math, physics and chemistry. I'll be a university student in September. I'll either pursue in medical field to become a doctor(brain surgeon) or in maths/physics stream to become a scientist or a mathematician.
  6. Jan 9, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Life Sciences for me. I am not sure what the difference is between a pure science student and a science student??
  7. Jan 9, 2004 #6
    bottled water vs tap?
  8. Jan 9, 2004 #7
    Returned to school, masters in physics~biophysics, currently working as computer 3d artist in technical/science fields.

If I could redo, would go back and concentrate on biochemistry, but ah, too old!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  9. Jan 9, 2004 #8
    I do the exact same job as a Mechanical Engineer, but I can't call myself one because I don't have a degree or certificate. I am currently enrolled and taking courses as an engineering major to get my degree.
  10. Jan 10, 2004 #9
    I am a Computer Science Major. Soon to be doing a double major in Computer Science and Pure Mathematics. Its going to be a blast
  11. Jan 10, 2004 #10

Your trailer should read: Heisenberg says 'No, but I know where I was.'

I study physics at work when I can sneak onto the office computer for a rare glimpse at Physics Forums.
  12. Jan 10, 2004 #11
    I'm in my last year undergraduate, doing both physics & mathematics.
    It's exam time soon, so needless to say I'm suffering :frown:
  13. Jan 10, 2004 #12

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have BS Degrees in both Math and Physics. I have worked as a Technician and as a production engineer and an R&D Engineer. Currently am a Technician.
  14. Jan 10, 2004 #13
    I'm a middle-aged freelance legal transcriptionist with specialty in court steno but also certified by the U.S. federal courts to transcribe taped trials. In litigation support, I specialize in technical testimony from experts, ranging in subject from patent law to metallurgy to asbestosis.

I was also an export horticulturist for ten years (five years self-employed), operating out of Honolulu, Hawaii and specializing in extreme exotic foliage with a focus on palm species.

My only hobby is motocross. My introduction to theoretical physics started with an overnight discussion about the concepts of Flatland, back in the '70s, with a fellow from the GE satellite logistical team (he plotted orbit data, etc.), and I've been going down this road ever since.

No metriculation to speak of.
  15. Jan 10, 2004 #14
    I am an aprentice for Mercedes Benz, studying towards my BTECH National certificate level 3. I also have the option of studying engineering at University after the aprenticeship is completed, all paid for by Mercedes Benz.
  16. Jan 10, 2004 #15
    I've been out of school for a while doing the mommy thing but will be returning to study Ecology in the fall. I'm pretty excited.
  17. Jan 10, 2004 #16

Aha! Now again I first found some one who is both interested in Medical Science and Pure Science :(

I've got a chance to choose between Medical and Engg. I chose Engg.
    But still I am not sure :( Done RIGHT or WRONG [b(]
  18. Jan 10, 2004 #17
    Aha! Fixed! Madam :smile:
  19. Jan 10, 2004 #18
    You are the Most Experienced person I've met in the PF- Charley! Besides from your concept about "Digital and Analog" I think your thinking is very interesting !!! :smile:
  20. Jan 10, 2004 #19
    Ha..ha.. May be you're correct :wink:

In our country,

Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry - these 3 subjects are in PURE SCIENCE
    Section and others like, Zoology, Botany, Medical Science...these are in simple science section or Biology section!
  21. Jan 10, 2004 #20
    Ooooooohh! Want to marry me? Technical men are so HOT! *rrrrrhh*
    Brrr.. goosebumps...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?