Who can move a thread from EE to ME?

• Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ee Thread
In summary, a user brought to the attention of the moderators that a mechanical engineering question was posted in the wrong section. The post was eventually moved and it was suggested that in the future, users can use the "report post" button to request for a post to be moved.
KingNothing
Hi all. Sorry for the out-of-place post, but I don't know who the right moderator is. There is a gentleman who has posted a mechanical engineering question in the EE section, and it should probably be moved. I feel bad for the guy cause he's patiently waited 3 days with no responses, but no one in the EE forum can help him.

Thread is here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=500304

Physics news on Phys.org
I moved it. In the future you can just hit the *report post* button and make the request to move it. Disregard what it says the report post button says it's for, all it does is send it to the mentors for review.

1. Can anyone move a thread from EE to ME?

No, only moderators or administrators have the ability to move threads from one section to another.

2. How do I request to have a thread moved from EE to ME?

You can send a message to the moderators or administrators of the forum and explain why you believe the thread should be moved. They will then review the request and make a decision.

3. What are the reasons for moving a thread from EE to ME?

A thread may be moved from EE to ME if it is more relevant to the topic of mechanical engineering rather than electrical engineering. This could be due to the nature of the question or the discussion taking place.

4. Will moving a thread affect the responses and discussions already posted?

No, the thread will remain intact and all responses and discussions will still be visible after it has been moved.

5. Can I move my own thread from EE to ME?

No, users do not have the ability to move their own threads. You can request for it to be moved by contacting the moderators or administrators.