Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who cares about the Matrix here comes the Animatrix!

1. Apr 7, 2003 #1
    For those who have yet to see it yet, its fantastic! You can download the first 3 mini-episodes of the animatrix for free..

This has me more excited than Matrix 2 :smile:, what you guys think of it?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2003 #2
    i just saw all three of them for the first time a few days ago. very cool. they pratically could make a whole movie out of some of the back story. especially the first one.
  4. Apr 7, 2003 #3
    When does the Animatrix DVD come out, sometime in May?
  5. Apr 8, 2003 #4
    A friend saw it in the previews before Dreamcatcher, and said it was awesome, I'm downloading it now, but I think I'm looking forward to the Matrix 2 much more then the animatrix
  6. Apr 8, 2003 #5
    I saw the first one before Dreamcatcher also. I thought it was pretty good. I didn't realize that it was animated for the first couple minutes. (That woman was nicely drawn.) :wink:

[offtopic]I thought Dreamcatcher was pretty decent too. All the critics hated it, but that's probably because they don't know how to read. It followed the book very well except for the very end. They did have to trim a lot to get it running in the time slot, compared to the book. I find I enjoy movies so much more when the critics hate it; my expectations are lower so the movies seem better.[/backtotopic]
  7. Apr 8, 2003 #6
    [offtopicresponse] It does seem the critics are wrong a lot of times, the friend that saw the animatrix does reviews of movies, and I generally disagree with him on how good a movie was...I think you loss a lot in a movie if you watch it to critisize it. I have heard many good things about the woman [end]
  8. Apr 10, 2003 #7
    For whom it may concern:

The Matrix 2 trailer [final] was released today, Thursday, April 10.

Thought maybe someone would care, I certainly did:smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?