Who communicates best at PF

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
In summary: Lesser?In summary, the best communication skills on PF seem to be those of Moonbear, Clausius, Astronuc, and Danger. These individuals are approachable, have a unique style, and are funny. Evo and brewnog are also good communicators, but Moonbear and Clausius stand out the most.
heman
Who do you think has got the best communication skills on PF!

These are the names which come to my mind,

Tom Mattson
Clausius
Astronuc
Moonbear
ZapperZ

I sincerely like Moonbear for her approachibility and the genre in which she gets her point right through and Astronuc for being unique and ready for everything!

And when it comes to being funny,nobody beats Danger! :tongue:

What do you think??

Physics news on Phys.org
And when it comes to sucking up, nobody beats Heman! :)

Hope you don't take that too seriously, but what do you mean by communication? People who use big words or people who can get their point across clearly?

I would Vote for Evo and brewnog, i seem to understand them better than others.

I think i deserved to hear that coz i forgot yours name!It happens!

If you don't realize what is Communication then let me tell you ,u are an true sucker(i hope you don't mind that!)
People who use right word at right time are the ones who get their point across nicely!I think i don't need to explain you what is Communication!

It's all related!

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.
Mark Twain

klusener said:
:rofl: :rofl:

Hope you don't take that too seriously, but what do you mean by communication? People who use big words or people who can get their point across clearly?

I hope he means getting a point across clearly. Using big words can obfuscate meaning if nobody else knows the word. :biggrin:

In any forum where you have a large number of well-educated people, the ability to communicate in writing is going to be better than average. Nobody gets a free pass on grammar and spelling just because they are studying science rather than English (or any other language).

I think I do; but.. I'm pretty sure I'd say that about any positive attribute.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: :rofl:

:biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I hope he means getting a point across clearly. Using big words can obfuscate meaning if nobody else knows the word. :biggrin:).

Well there are online dictionaries for checking the meanings of word! :tongue:

Moonbear said:
In any forum where you have a large number of well-educated people, the ability to communicate in writing is going to be better than average. Nobody gets a free pass on grammar and spelling just because they are studying science rather than English (or any other language).

Well This whole world can be divided into two groups,
One of that who say a lot when they have nothing to say and the others who say nothing when they have lot to say!

And then there's me, the perfect blend.

Gentleman,
I am flattered!
Can we know what are those penetrating reasons,so that we also could climb up the ladder of excellence like ya!

heman said:
If you don't realize what is Communication then let me tell you ,u are an true sucker(i hope you don't mind that!)

ah.. an attempt at revenge.. :uhh:

heman said:
Gentleman,
I am flattered!
Can we know what are those penetrating reasons,so that we also could climb up the ladder of excellence like ya!
no, none are worthy.

klusener said:
ah.. an attempt at revenge.. :uhh:

WoW,! :rofl: (Not Exactly!)
Well man i think you haven't realized the power of Communication that's why you u mocked my arguments !

Nice thread! If you want to know who communicates worst at PF, nobody beats me! :approve: :rofl:

But about bests, I have to tell you later because my list is too long and I can't type a lot now! :grumpy:

Smurf said:
no, none are worthy.

Well then there aren't any! :biggrin:

Ok, let:s forget it.

heman said:
Well then there aren't any! :biggrin:
Ha! You're logic is that you do not know the reasons, therefor they can't exist. Such a primitive and simplistic view. I am far superior to you.

Lisa! said:
Nice thread!

Thanks! :smile:

Lisa! said:
If you want to know who communicates worst at PF, nobody beats me! :approve: :rofl:

Lets Klusener top the chart from bottom!
Well Lisa i just know that you talk sweet and i like reading urs replies
and there are many ppls here whose posts many times go unnoticed!

Smurf said:
Ha! You're logic is that you do not know the reasons, therefor they can't exist. Such a primitive and simplistic view..

Well you did n't get what i was trying to say and jumped into technicality of the matter!that's foolishness and simply proves atleast that you aren't the PERFECT Blend!

Smurf said:
I am far superior to you.

Sir,
I know that very well! :rofl:

heman said:
Well you did n't get what i was trying to say and jumped into technicality of the matter!that's foolishness and simply proves atleast that you aren't the PERFECT Blend!
Idiocy. I made a logical conclusion, the failure is yours for not communicating any other intentions behind your speech.
Sir,
I know that very well! :rofl:
Good. It is proper for the serfs to know their place.

heman said:
Lets Klusener top the chart from bottom!
:bugeye: No, he really communicates well. You know he just says "hmm..." in most cases but it makes sense more than everyone elses' post!(Sorry. I know my worst quality is that I'm too honest! :rofl: )

Well Lisa i just know that you talk sweet and i like reading urs replies
and there are many ppls here whose posts many times go unnoticed!
Thanks but I should reply to this later! :wink:

How NOT to communicate for Dummies

Chapter 1: Let's Klusener top the chart from bottom!

Lisa! said:
Nice thread! If you want to know who communicates worst at PF, nobody beats me! :approve: :rofl:
Don't worry, you seem to have plenty of competition for that position. Actually, since I do understand at least half your posts, you're nowhere near claiming that title. :biggrin: (Actually, you've recently improved a lot, or maybe I've gotten used to your style. Now you just need to work on calming down and using fewer exclamation points. :wink:)

Moonbear said:
Don't worry, you seem to have plenty of competition for that position. Actually, since I do understand at least half your posts, you're nowhere near claiming that title. :biggrin: (Actually, you've recently improved a lot, or maybe I've gotten used to your style. Now you just need to work on calming down and using fewer exclamation points. :wink:)

Sorry to hear that! :cry: I always enjoy when people can't understand me! :rolleyes: You know even my mother says I can't understand what you mean most of time! :rofl: :wink:

Smurf said:
Idiocy. I made a logical conclusion, the failure is yours for not communicating any other intentions behind your speech..

I am not questioning your intelligence,buddy!
You are talking in terms of Logics,trying to sound smart!Listen,
I was very clear in asking your secrets becoz you claimed yourself to be the PERFECT BLEND, but you simply said "No"!
there can be just two reason:-
1.Either you are lying,becoz you don't have any!
2.you are too selfish,and want them to hide from us!
Does it Sound Logical??

Smurf said:
Good. It is proper for the serfs to know their place.

Thanks God,
Atleast you realized your place!

Lisa! said:
:bugeye: No, he really communicates well. You know he just says "hmm..." in most cases but it makes sense more than everyone elses' post!(Sorry. I know my worst quality is that I'm too honest! :rofl: )

Lisa,

I completely agree with you but this was my first encounter with Klusener and he is responsible for what image i am forming of him in my mind,i hope this will improve when i will listen something worthwhile from him!

heman said:
I am not questioning your intelligence,buddy!
You are talking in terms of Logics,trying to sound smart!Listen,
I was very clear in asking your secrets becoz you claimed yourself to be the PERFECT BLEND, but you simply said "No"!
there can be just two reason:-
1.Either you are lying,becoz you don't have any!
2.you are too selfish,and want them to hide from us!
Does it Sound Logical??
There are a myriad of other possible explanations. Obviously your simple mind cannot comprehend that, as shown by your hidious grammar and spelling.

Thanks God,
Atleast you realized your place!
Idiocy, serf is your position.

heman said:
Lisa,

I completely agree with you but this was my first encounter with Klusener and he is responsible for what image i am forming of him in my mind,i hope this will improve when i will listen something worthwhile from him!

I was kidding! :wink:

ok I'm out of here now because people who communicates best at GD ,aren't around here! :cry: :biggrin:

klusener said:
:rofl:

seconded

marlon

Smurf said:
There are a myriad of other possible explanations. Obviously your simple mind cannot comprehend that, as shown by your hidious grammar and spelling.

Gentleman,
If the other possible explanations exist where are they,what are they??
Something which exists deserves to be shown,explained and illustrated!
Well if you think my grammar and spellings reflects the simplicity of my mind ,then its obvious that there is some fault with your learning because these things can never ever judge how far anybody's mind goes:yuck:

I remember an old saying which clearly shows yours attitude,
"An Empty Vessel makes much noise"

Smurf said:
Idiocy, serf is your position.

you are right,you are even below that!

heman said:
:uhh:

obviously, you are no great communicator yourself. Can i ask you what criteria you use to judge if someone is a good/bad communicator, according to you ?

marlon

ps Danger is one of the most interesting people to start a conversation with.

PS Heman, do not mix being friendly with being a good communicator :uhh:

Last edited:
heman said:
Gentleman,
If the other possible explanations exist where are they,what are they??
Something which exists deserves to be shown,explained and illustrated!
Well if you think my grammar and spellings reflects the simplicity of my mind ,then its obvious that there is some fault with your learning because these things can never ever judge how far anybody's mind goes:yuck:

I remember an old saying which clearly shows yours attitude,
"An Empty Vessel makes much noise"

*scoff* hmph, perhapse you don't know your place. I shall have you executed for insubordination.

marlon said:
:rofl:

seconded

marlon

Marlon,
Please don't say that,because you too are far ahead of me on this(Its tough to decide whether you or your friend comes on top of the list :rofl: )!

marlon said:
:uhh:

obviously, you are no great communicator yourself.

When did i say,i am!

marlon said:
Can i ask you what criteria you use to judge if someone is a good/bad communicator, according to you ?

Okay,
1.Uniqueness
2.Objectivity
3.Observing other's performances and giving honest advices
4.Having Clear idea of what they are saying
5.focus and clearly understanding the criticalness of the situation
6.Strategic

marlon

marlon said:
:ps Danger is one of the most interesting people to start a conversation with.

I agree.

marlon said:
PS Heman, do not mix being friendly with being a good communicator :uhh:

I did not mix that,Its obvious you may have different ppls on your list as everybody thinks differently!
I am very much Friendly to you,but certainly you are not on the list!

heman said:
Lisa,

Heman, I stick by my first statement: don't take my posts in this thread too seriously, they were meant to be in jest, not to ridicule you. (well, that might have been on the back on my mind, once again - just kidding)

Last edited:
heman said:
Okay,
1.Uniqueness
2.Objectivity
3.Observing other's performances and giving honest advices
4.Having Clear idea of what they are saying
5.focus and clearly understanding the criticalness of the situation
6.Strategic
What the... :confused:
What does Uniqueness have to do with being a good communicator? and giving honest advice? You can communicate white well without helping anyone a single bit thank you!

I don't even know what 'strategic' means in that context.