Who controls american carriers?

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Controls
In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between the Navy and Air Force and their control over different types of aircraft and weapons. The Navy controls land-based aircraft and air-based tactical and strategic nuclear weapons, while the Air Force controls the B-2s. The conversation also touches on the difficulty of landing on a carrier and the potential for Navy pilots to become NASA astronauts. There is a humorous exchange about the strength of different branches of the military and a joke about the US military. Overall, the conversation is lighthearted and focuses on the capabilities and roles of the Navy and Air Force.
Smurf
The navy or the air force?

Physics news on Phys.org
The Navy. They control the airplanes on them, too.

The USAF controls land based aircraft and air based tactical/strategic nuclear weapons (TAC and SAC, respectively).

Yah, US Navy.

Smurf said:

The Air force is weak... Carriers have a US Navy Captain who is under orders from a fleet Admiral, IIRC. Of course they are all eventually under orders of the CINC, cheifs of staff and congress.

http://www.navy.mil/palib/people/secnav/secnav030929a.gif
This guy also has a lot to do with the control of carriers.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be the Navy. The pilots are Navy pilots, not Air Force.

Smurf said:

You thinkin about a career in the US military? US Navy pilots have a good chance of becoming a NASA astronaut (although right now that might not look so appealing). A chance in a life time.

However, having racked up about 2 hours of simulation time I can tell you that landing on a carrier is not an easy thing to do.

Regards,

Is it just me or does that look like Donald Trump's right hand man George Ross?

http://www.theapprenticerules.com/images/george-ross.jpg

dduardo said:
Is it just me or does that look like Donald Trump's right hand man George Ross?

http://www.theapprenticerules.com/images/george-ross.jpg

I don't see it...

I guess it's just me then

Townsend said:
The Air force is weak... Carriers have a US Navy Captain who is under orders from a fleet Admiral, IIRC. Of course they are all eventually under orders of the CINC, cheifs of staff and congress.

But the Air Force has the B-2's... hwo can you have those and be weak. Cost guards weak... army is weak... they don't have much cool stuff :D

we have nuke power! :biggrin: i love my job

Townsend said:
You thinkin about a career in the US military?
That was a joke.. right? Come on townsend, you know me better than that.

what's wrong with the US military?

1. It's a military
2. It belongs to the US.

(hense the name: US Military :biggrin: )

Smurf said:
That was a joke.. right? Come on townsend, you know me better than that.

Yep, mostly...

Smurf said:
1. It's a military
2. It belongs to the US.

(hense the name: US Military :biggrin: )
what is wrong with either of those?

Why don't you https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?searchid=215730

...nothing?

Pengwuino said:
But the Air Force has the B-2's... hwo can you have those and be weak. Cost guards weak... army is weak... they don't have much cool stuff :D
Coast Guard, yes. Army NO! Bite your tongue. Black boxes and whiz bang gadgets do not make a force strong.

FredGarvin said:
Coast Guard, yes. Army NO! Bite your tongue. Black boxes and whiz bang gadgets do not make a force strong.

pff, weeeeeak :D. Crazy army guys and there tanks. What tank ever had a chance against an F-15 :D

Smurf said:
Why don't you https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?searchid=215730

... does this mean there's nothing wrong?

Pengwuino said:
pff, weeeeeak :D. Crazy army guys and there tanks. What tank ever had a chance against an F-15 :D
As long as that F-15 left from a fortified air base with a paved runway and the pilot's have airconditioned quarters with hot food...

FredGarvin said:
As long as that F-15 left from a fortified air base with a paved runway and the pilot's have airconditioned quarters with hot food...

And since they do, they rule :cool:

Nu-uh. Do not.

Do to! My mommy said so

1. Who ultimately controls American carriers?

The ultimate control of American carriers lies with their shareholders. These are individuals or organizations who own a portion of the company and have the right to vote on major decisions, such as the appointment of board members and major business strategies.

2. Does the U.S. government have any control over American carriers?

While the U.S. government does not have direct control over American carriers, it does have some influence through regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation and the Federal Aviation Administration. These agencies monitor and regulate the operations of American carriers to ensure safety and compliance with laws.

3. Can foreign entities control American carriers?

Foreign entities can have control over American carriers if they own a significant portion of the company's shares. However, the U.S. government has laws and regulations in place to limit foreign ownership and control of American carriers for national security reasons.

4. Who makes the day-to-day decisions for American carriers?

The day-to-day decisions for American carriers are made by the company's management team, which is led by the CEO. This team is responsible for overseeing the company's operations, finances, and overall strategy.

5. How are American carriers held accountable for their actions?

American carriers are held accountable through various means, including government regulations, industry standards, and customer feedback. In cases of serious misconduct or violation of laws, carriers can face legal consequences and financial penalties.