Who Created God? Understanding the Universe's Self-Awareness

• Thread starter Iacchus32
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of creating and believing in a higher being or god. The speakers explore the idea that consciousness and structure play a role in our belief in a god, and that our understanding of the universe may change as we evolve and discover more about our own capabilities. They also question the traditional myths and beliefs surrounding god, and suggest that perhaps our own subconscious is responsible for creating the concept of god. Ultimately, there is no concrete answer to the question of who created god, and it is suggested that the idea of a higher being may be a means of providing moral values and preventing chaos in society.
Rader said:
Answer 01=Only if all forms might be in the image and likeness of the final unchangeable form.

Answer 02=All physical forms are of the same essence. We now know that all forms reduce down to relationships. Nothing is ever created or destroyed just transmuted.

You're all forgrting something.God can't exist eternally,everything that exists are only forms of energy,no form of energy lasts forever,God dies and transforms into another form of energy where properties of God no longer exist,so no form of energy can exist forever.

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps, I can agree with you only in part.
Because, here the answer is not given – how the organizing basis is arranged?
Maybe exists the universal carrier for all forms of energy, including spiritual energy?

vlamir said:
Perhaps, I can agree with you only in part.
Because, here the answer is not given – how the organizing basis is arranged?
Maybe exists the universal carrier for all forms of energy, including spiritual energy?

That's the same question I was wondering,it must incredibly complex process,honestly I don't think science will ever find out,sure there are laws of physics under which processes occur,but how are these laws of physics made,if there were no laws of physics there would be no universe,I think what laws of of physics do to our universe is to keep the balance.Plus everything vibrates,just imagine you find energy vibration resonance of God,you would be able to destroy him(you would be able to destroy God)...

I created God and then i resurrected a 9 month old thread!

The Einstein quote wasn't really meant to be religious, it was saying more that Einstein saw things in exactness, not probability. I think people misinterpret that all the time.

There was and interesting story some years ago when Eisenhower entered a room full of computers and posed the question "is there a god" Well after a few minutes of lights flashing and bell ringing, a voice comes forth and says "NOW There Is"(smile). Lesson point; It may not be too wise to go arround asking a question with such an obvious answer :zzz: :smile: .

Certainly, alone physics cannot answer this incredibly complex question. Especially since, the theoretical physics is in deep crisis.
We are too silly, if we think, that we can become stronger, than the God.
The God can destroy us at any time, including by means of vibration.
It is the most destructive force, which can operate from the microcosm outward.

vlamir said:
Certainly, alone physics cannot answer this incredibly complex question. Especially since, the theoretical physics is in deep crisis.
We are too silly, if we think, that we can become stronger, than the God.
The God can destroy us at any time, including by means of vibration.
It is the most destructive force, which can operate from the microcosm outward.

And God can be destroyed,too,since he vibrates,too.Even every form of energy vibrates.

Geneticists who thought that they had tiger by the tail, and felt too high about knowing the secret of creation have egg on their face. DNA which originated from the Nature cannot claim supremacy over Nature! Sily ego makes scientist fragment themselves into pieces!
Man with a destructible material body can never know the truth about God nor know that he is God himself until he becomes egoless. It is he who has birth nor death and one who is beyond time, space or causation knows that he himself is God. Look within and you shall find the truth. Every material entity is changeable with time and therefore it cannot be real. What is real never changes.
DNA does not express biological life. It is only a blueprint that repeats itself and its expression depends on You ...Your Thought. Thought is the basis of energy and matter. thought alone became primal energy and primal matter which combined to form multitude of galaxies and species.

]Geneticists who thought that they had tiger by the tail, and felt too high about knowing the secret of creation have egg on their face. DNA which originated from the Nature cannot claim supremacy over Nature! Sily ego makes scientist fragment themselves into pieces!
Man with a destructible material body can never know the truth about God nor know that he is God himself until he becomes egoless. It is he who has birth nor death and one who is beyond time, space or causation knows that he himself is God. Look within and you shall find the truth. Every material entity is changeable with time and therefore it cannot be real. What is real never changes.
DNA does not express biological life. It is only a blueprint that repeats itself and its expression depends on You ...Your Thought. Thought is the basis of energy and matter. thought alone became primal energy and primal matter which combined to form multitude of galaxies and species.

Neurons created god. Before neurons, no god(s) in universe. Thus, god exists within collective neurons of humans, i.e., the Kingdom of God is within you (all of you, and me)--a nice warm fuzzy philosophy to hold.

Rade said:
Neurons created god. Before neurons, no god(s) in universe. Thus, god exists within collective neurons of humans, i.e., the Kingdom of God is within you (all of you, and me)--a nice warm fuzzy philosophy to hold.
So, who created the neurons? Or, would you have us believe there is something about neurons which go uncaused?

Want created God. It's more of a glitches fault, but eh.

No one created God, that's why God's God. God's self existant.

Men created god, first in verbal storytelling and then later in written stories.

And who created men? Perhaps they don't need creator!

good topic, always a debate going on here... I'm new but would like to share...

Evo, i have to disagree, and to all the others that think we created God in our own minds. I find a lot of times people tend to think on the level, or higher, than our creator, which is silly. How can you even begin to comment toward the very creator? lol, beats me...

Here's something to think about... many, many people will dispute, however its a solid argument...

If something does not exist, how can the mind think it true? Having said that, if God does NOT exist, then how can anyone person "think" even the thought of "a God" into existence? The human mind is incapable of such thing as a true 'original thought'. No matter what, every single thought the human mind thinks of has some truth to it, or has come from some other comprehensible thought. For instance: There have been families that have locked up their child since birth in a room due to manic depressions and other very odd mental behaviors. when CPS services found the children, they had the intellect of a 1 yr old. they couldn't speak, never knew what anything was, never even had an idea... because they were never taught anything. The mind is a learning box, so to speak. So if there never was a God, how could the mind ever think of it, if there was no such vision, story, or even idea ever to come about?

try to think of something that doesn't exist. without any truth to it, or coming from a previous thought. really try... it's impossible. example: ever see a pig with wings? doesn't exist right? of course... however we know what a pig is and we know what wings are. so there's still some truth, no matter what. bottom line is, if it doesn't exist, then it doesn't exist... not even in the human mind. at some point in time, someone had to "learn" the knowledge of God. but from who? or what? not a human mind, that's for sure.

think about it... for all you non-believers... ;-)

Last edited:
Lisa! said:
And who created men? Perhaps they don't need creator!

Non-linear dynamics created man: In my opinion, get a bunch of marbles behaving in the same non-linear fashion as biological life, and marble life will emerge. From this perspective, life is independent of the inconsequential trappings of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics but rather a reflection of dynamics.

StykFacE said:
Evo, i have to disagree, and to all the others that think we created God in our own minds. I find a lot of times people tend to think on the level, or higher, than our creator, which is silly. How can you even begin to comment toward the very creator? lol, beats me...
Because there is no such thing as a creator, in my opinion.

If something does not exist, how can the mind think it true?
Very easily, it's done all the time.

Evo said:
Very easily, it's done all the time.

then show us.

one example... please.
:biggrin:

StykFacE said:
try to think of something that doesn't exist. without any truth to it, or coming from a previous thought. really try... it's impossible. example: ever see a pig with wings? doesn't exist right? of course... however we know what a pig is and we know what wings are. so there's still some truth, no matter what. bottom line is, if it doesn't exist, then it doesn't exist... not even in the human mind. at some point in time, someone had to "learn" the knowledge of God. but from who? or what? not a human mind, that's for sure.

think about it... for all you non-believers... ;-)
So I guess you are arguing that just like a pig with wings, god exists only as a figment of the imagination? I like that!

Doc Al said:
So I guess you are arguing that just like a pig with wings, god exists only as a figment of the imagination? I like that!
oh no, now you know better than that... ;-)

of course i don't think that. just giving an example that any thought you and any other person has ever had, has truth to it no matter the case.

:-)

By any thought having "truth" you just mean that the thought exists in the mind (the brain) as a thought. (I hope that's not a surprise to anyone. :rolleyes: ) That's a rather unusual use of the word "truth". This says nothing about whether there exists a corresponding referent outside of the mind. (Which is where the real action is!)

Doc Al said:
By any thought having "truth" you just mean that the thought exists in the mind (the brain) as a thought. (I hope that's not a surprise to anyone. :rolleyes: ) That's a rather unusual use of the word "truth". This says nothing about whether there exists a corresponding referent outside of the mind. (Which is where the real action is!)
so you are implying any thought that relates outside of the mind doesn't have truth?

StykFacE said:
so you are implying any thought that relates outside of the mind doesn't have truth?
Seems like a fairly meaningless statement to me.

Doc Al said:
Seems like a fairly meaningless statement to me.
i think original thouhgt is a great topic of discussion. ;-)

StykFacE said:
try to think of something that doesn't exist. without any truth to it..., really try... it's impossible.
My dead parents are "things" that I "think" of, that do not "exist". Lots of truth in the statement for me.

"Who" created God?

Not possible.

"Who" was on first at the "time".

Believe me, I've checked everyone's alibi and they all check out, except for "one", and that one does not have a particular name or address.

The tough part was trying to find that one to ask the whereabouts at the point of creation. Every time i tried to get that one's attention, i lost sight of that one.

Finally, after an exhaustive search of trying to find that one "out there", i gave up. Turns out, that one never was "out" there.

That's all "I" have to say about that;

who created God

Because I am a created being does not necessarily mean all things are created.Becaus I am finite does not mean all things are finite.The infinite,eternal is not me or you that's for sure.

The infinite,eternal is not me or you that's for sure.

You may not know you and I may not know you, but you know the infinite,eternal is not you, and I know the infinite,eternal is not you, yet, and you may not know me, yet, but I know me and that's infinitely, eternally for sure.

looking back

when you think about the creator of God it's not who created it, it's what humans thought of life . back in time I am talking around mesopotamian era, many humans didn't understand concepts of how we see it now . For example, weather patterns back then could be seen as extraordinary compared to now . It has also got to do with the cycles, and habits people pick up, as long as there's been humans there's been a fascination of the stars. For example let's say people see rain, and rain is good because it gives you life . A person might think, " i remember walking 2 miles that day it rained" and they might think if they did it again the rain would come down, from that derives rituals, some higher being is helping humans with rain ( for an example) - hope that explains some stuff

Here's the author Douglas Adams' idea of God's birth: "Imagine an early man surveying his surroundings at the end of a happy day’s tool making. He looks around and he sees a world which pleases him mightily: behind him are mountains with caves in—mountains are great because you can go and hide in the caves and you are out of the rain and the bears can’t get you; in front of him there’s the forest—it’s got nuts and berries and delicious food; there's a stream going by, which is full of water—water’s delicious to drink, you can float your boats in it and do all sorts of stuff with it; here’s cousin Ug and he’s caught a mammoth—mammoth’s are great, you can eat them, you can wear their coats, you can use their bones to create weapons to catch other mammoths. [...] But our early man has a moment to reflect [...] Man the maker looks at his world and says ‘So who made this then?’ [...] Early man thinks, ‘Well, because there’s only one sort of being I know about who makes things, whoever made all this must therefore be a much bigger, much more powerful and necessarily invisible, one of me and because I tend to be the strong one who does all the stuff, he’s probably male’. And so we have the idea of a god.
Then, because when we make things we do it with the intention of doing something with them, early man asks himself , ‘If he made it, what did he make it for?’ Now the real trap springs, because early man is thinking, ‘This world fits me very well. Here are all these things that support me and feed me and look after me; yes, this world fits me nicely’ and he reaches the inescapable conclusion that whoever made it, made it for him. This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, ‘This is an interesting world I find myself in—an interesting hole I find myself in—fits me rather neatly, doesn’t it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!’ "

It seems like there's a misunderstanding about nothing. Nothing (in it's absolute sense) is impossible.

If nothing existed, there wouldn't be nothing.

Consider it a play on words or not.

Any individual exposed to actual nothing would report it as being black and silent. The lack of stimulus, such a visual or aural stimulus, is associated with a representation, black and silence respectively. Someone standing in front of a block of actual nothing, will report a black and silent object, and will certainly identify it as something. However this doesn't change the fact that it is nothing, the individual is the one making something of it. So the fact that the individual thinks the block of nothing is not actually nothing, doesn't hold any water.
The individual will always report nothing as something that is identifiable and thus, in the individual's interpretation, must exist.
Hence, the premise:
Eric England said:
If nothing existed, there wouldn't be nothing.
... is not meaningful because it is the fruit of a flawed human interpretation. Do you understand what I'm getting at Eric?

This thread is the ultimate non sence, AFAIk no one can define (life) it may be that is so entangled with the rest of (all there is) that any thing you think is in an eternel loop (i have seen this question many times before) and it will be asked again and again, tell me if one can define a ground hog day without external references.