Find Out Who You Look Like - MyHeritage.com

• Thread starter Janus
  • Start date
In summary, My Heritage.com allows users to compare their faces to celebrities. In both of my attempts, I was matched with Jean-Louis Trintignant, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise (bwaaakkk), and Sarah Michelle Gellar. The best match was for me to be Sophie Marceau. My 20-something photo also matched Denzel Washington, Yoko Ono, Anna Kournikova, Tom Cruise, and Demi Moore.
1st run
Malcolm McDowell 63%
James Coburn 57%
Karl Lagerfeld 47% :confused:
Oscar Wilde 47% (hell yeah!)
David Beckham 45%
Malcolm X 45% (HAHAHAHAHA!)
Willaim Faulkner 44% (Another good one)
Jack Kerouac 44% (I always wanted to be a drunken writer)
Sigrid Undset 43%
Antonin Dvorak 43%

2nd run
Bing Crosby 67%
Yehuda Levi 63%
Ben Affleck 62% (this one I was dreading, I'm always told I look like him and I don't like him)
George Harrison 55%
Jennifer Connelly 53%
Mao Zedong 52%
Heinrich Boll 52%
Paul Newman 52%
Drew Barrymore 52%
Serge Gainsbourg 51%

Considering the people I apparently look the most like I guess it's no wonder that I tend to get more attention from the older women.

Physics news on Phys.org
I did one of those before, and I remember one of the guys I looked like was the last Pope o_O

I ran a different test of the program last night. The program can recognise multiple faces in a photo, so I uploaded one of my Mom posing with her eight brothers.

Four of the brothers came up with a common match to one person.

I've been told countless times that I look like a young Tom Cruise...i'll check out what the webiste thinks.

Math Is Hard said:
It said I looked like Sofia Coppola, which is OK with me, because I think shee-za one spicey meatball!
I googled, and I don't particularly see it. from your pic in the member photo thread I'd say you strongly resemble Rene Zellwegger (sp?), who is a major cutie.

zoobyshoe said:
I googled, and I don't particularly see it. from your pic in the member photo thread I'd say you strongly resemble Rene Zellwegger (sp?), who is a major cutie.
That's pretty funny because my ex-boyfriend thought I looked like her, too. I used to have my hair very blonde with straight bangs on my forehead so he called me Nurse Betty!
http://www.filmfestivals.com/cannes_2000/pix/pix/nurse_betty.jpg
I thought that was a very cute movie, BTW.

update: oh, weird! I tried it with my pic from member photo thread and it matched Rene Zellweger!:bugeye:

Last edited by a moderator:
well i experimented with it a lot with tons of different photos and facial expressions and all that. Seems I'm mostly a mix of Alyson Hannigan and Zhang Ziyi, with a touch of Liv tyler. i had a bunch of high matches with them...

i also had mult hits for:
Kareena Kapor, Lucy Lui, Emma Watson, Keira Knightly and Mira Sorvino.

I ran it a few times and it kept saying it couldn't find my face. Then I did several manual searches and it kept saying "No Matches".

I'm a freak! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

jimmy p said:
I ran it a few times and it kept saying it couldn't find my face. Then I did several manual searches and it kept saying "No Matches".

I'm a freak! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No, you just over-heated the computer by making it search for perfection.

Ok, I tried it again, and after a "network couldn't find server" message (:cry:), I got through, and here is the not so glamorous list.

Neil Gaiman 66%
Edward Norton 57%
Roberto Baggio 44%
Bruce Willis 41%
Eddie Murphy 41% (how?)
Abhishek Bachchan 40% (who?)
Raymond Chandler 39% (who?)
Michel Foucault 39% (who?)

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
No, you just over-heated the computer by making it search for perfection.

:!) :!) :!) Marry me!:!) :!) :!)

jimmy p said:
:!) :!) :!) Marry me!:!) :!) :!)

:rofl:
I'm the virtual sister of your virtual mom, so I'll just have to remain one of your favorite aunties. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
I'm the virtual sister of your virtual mom, so I'll just have to remain one of your favorite aunties. :biggrin:

... and to think, that's virtual incest!

Why does that turn me on?? :eek: :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
That's pretty funny because my ex-boyfriend thought I looked like her, too. I used to have my hair very blonde with straight bangs on my forehead so he called me Nurse Betty!
http://www.filmfestivals.com/cannes_2000/pix/pix/nurse_betty.jpg
I thought that was a very cute movie, BTW.

update: oh, weird! I tried it with my pic from member photo thread and it matched Rene Zellweger!:bugeye:
Told you so!

I really wish we had as many pics of the lovely Math Is Hard in that thread as we do of some of the other lovely women of PF. But I know you're shy.

Yeah, that movie is interesting. The only time, I think, I've ever seen Morgan Freeman play a villain. Rene is one of those actresses like Juliette Lewis who is pure chamelion: they so thoroughly become their characters that you think they must be like that in real life.

My first match is Matt Leblanc, but fifth in the list is Carl Sagan :smile:

These are the top matches of 4 of the most influential politicians:

Tony Blair - Christiaan Barnard
GW Bush - JP Belmondo
Angela Merkel - Elizabeth Taylor
Saddam Hussein - Robert Oppenheimer (curious coincidence regarding weapons of mass destruction)

cyrusabdollahi said:
I always thought you looked like Santa Claus Integral. I think Santa vacations in Oregon during the off season.

[QUOTE = Astronuc]I probably look like Gandalf, but 25-30 years ago, people thought I looked like Jesus. [/QUOTE]

LOL! Now I am Santa, when I was in my 20's, like Astronuc, I was told I looked like Jesus.

Which of course is utterly ridiculous, I resembled the Anglicized pictures of Jesus made just for Europeans/Americans. Clearly Jesus was not a northern European, or even Caucasian. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Integral said:
LOL! Now I am Santa, when I was in my 20's, like Astronuc, I was told I looked like Jesus.
Yeah, I'm going for the Santa look too! :rofl: I was in a doctor's office one time, and a little boy pointed at me and asked his mom if I was Santa. :biggrin: That's kind of nice. He was ill and had a fever.

I need to get a Gandalf/wizard's outfit. I was at a concert on the West Coast and someone made a comment that I had forgotten my robe and pointed hat. :rofl:

Integral said:
Which of course is utterly ridiculous, I resembled the Anglicized pictures of Jesus made just for Europeans/Americans. Clearly Jesus was not a northern European, or even Caucasian. :rolleyes:
Yeah - :rolleyes: My hair and beard were dark brown, but the comments were definitely based on the Anglicised ideas of Jesus. On the other hand, my skin used to get really dark in the summer time since I worked outdoors and spent time at the beach. I probably got darker than half the African Americans in the US, and many were surprised at how tan I was. Interestingly my skin does not show the effects of aging.

Anyway, I have been mistaken for Jewish/Israeli, Arab, Turk, and just about any ethnic group from the Mediterranean or Middle East. :biggrin:

Well i did it and i got

Brad Pitt (54%)
Sam Cooke (52%)
Sebastian Loeb (47%)
Rock Hudson (43%)
Jimi Hendrix (42%)
John Cusack (40%)
Evlis Presley (39%)
Lukas Moodysson (38%)

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
snip...

I need to get a Gandalf/wizard's outfit. I was at a concert on the West Coast and someone made a comment that I had forgotten my robe and pointed hat. :rofl:

I to have been wanting to come up with a Gandalf costume, I have a staff

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/shrewsbury/stzaff.JPG

Just need a cloak (do you know how much material goes into a full cloak for some over 6' tall) and a good hat.

For the most part I keep my beard trimmed to short to do either a real good Santa or a Gandalf... Yours however..:biggrin:

Integral said:
I to have been wanting to come up with a Gandalf costume, I have a staff
Very cool staff! :cool: Yeah, you need to get a wizard's outfit to go with that.

Integral said:
Just need a cloak (do you know how much material goes into a full cloak for some over 6' tall) and a good hat.
Ian McKellen who played Gandalf in LOTR is 5' 11" so I am sure you can find a cloak for one who is 6'. It's probably fairly weighty. :biggrin:

Integral said:
For the most part I keep my beard trimmed to short to do either a real good Santa or a Gandalf... Yours however..:biggrin:

Its hard to compare an 8 headed alien songstress to any Earth celebrity. :(

Elvis Costello 70%