Who Do You Look Up To?

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Lots of people. For example, Om, because he cured himself :cool:.
Huh?

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Huh?
Well his story involves activities we don't support here, so you'll have to ask him. Maybe he will share. It's a great story!

OmCheeto
Gold Member
Lots of people. For example, Om, because he cured himself :cool:.
Hmm.... I never did confirm that I cured myself.

I only knew that, after 9 months of suffering, my symptoms went away, after taking a drug, that the literature said, would cure me.

I had lots of time to study the literature.

I don't mean to belittle the doctors. They've got thousands of patients, and millions of diseases to know about. I only have to worry about the one, causing me distress, at the moment.

I do look forward to seeing my new doctor* this month, his mouth was wide open when I told him the story.

-------------------
*I ran into him a month after I "cured" myself. A totally random, sitting at the bar kind of thing. I ran into him again about 2 weeks ago, and he said he'd be my doctor. Though he said he didn't remember me. I smiled.

Mentalist
"Look up to..." implies, "role model", implies, "not being oneself", this means, "your value as a human is less than that of the one you look up to", which implies, "they are better than you." Aside from that, I know it is another human to which many if not most (possibly all) humans have faults or flaws. Why would I want to look up to another thing that is almost as imperfect as I am? Why would I even bother trying to model myself after something like a human? Where is the sense in that? I cannot be that person as I wasn't born that person so I am not going to die wanting and trying to be someone else. If I were to do that then it would make more sense for me to try and become a sea turtle. If I could change who I was, I certainly would choose to be a tree or a sea turtle, not another human. But the latter is an asinine notion! Just like trying to model yourself after another person. That is my opinion, but that is why I don't model myself after another. I just try to be a better person based on what I think "better" is.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
I look up to Mike's Mother.

She endured, what no mother should have to endure......

banner.jpg

And she used her son's death, as a lesson to others, rather that being bitter about it, and pointing fingers.....

I spent time in the same area Mike lived, when I was about his age.

I owe my life to Mike's Mother.

I look up to her.​

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Wow, that's crazy Om!

I look up to Conan the Barbarian. :) Seriously, I find Steve Jobs an inspiring person.

It'd be interesting to see who people look up to.

I look up to Giorgio A. Tsoukalos. I wish I could do a PhD under his supervision.

I also look up to my 2004 and 2005 High School Classical Studies, and Computing, teachers.
:confused: Uh........... what?

recent-giorgio-tsoukalos-300x225.jpg

On the up side, he has some epic hair.

On the up side, he has some epic hair.
Even if it was still the 80's he would be the extreme.

Bacle2
Science Advisor
Giorgio Tsoukalos has a PHD? I thought a PHD diploma would be too large to fit inside of a cereal box.

Evo
Mentor
Giorgio Tsoukalos has a PHD? I thought a PHD diploma would be too large to fit inside of a cereal box.
No, he doesn't have a PhD.

Tsoukalos is a 1998 graduate of Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York, with a bachelor's degree in sports information and communication.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_A._Tsoukalos

Evo
Mentor
I guess they did not have a college of crackpot.
:tongue:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Tsoukalos is a 1998 graduate of Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York, with a bachelor's degree in sports information and communication.
Allow me to translate: entertainment and blather (caca). :grumpy: