Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who do you respect

1. Dec 5, 2008 #1
    Who do you respect most , in your life ? And Why ?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2008 #2
    I respect my husband most. He works hard and has always been there for me. He is great with the kids, too. I realize how fortunate I am everyday to have him in my life.

4. Dec 5, 2008 #3

Danger

Gold Member

My father. I can't explain why, other than he was a thoughtful man with no prejudices. He was more than capable of handling himself physically, yet never raised a hand in anger. His neutral stare and the phrase "That's enough," made the nastiest of guys back off immediately.

5. Dec 5, 2008 #4
    I concur... well, except with my husband. :biggrin:

6. Dec 5, 2008 #5
    I truly respect people who don't let me or anyone walk all over them with out a fight. Some people are blessed with grace and strength like Danger says.

7. Dec 5, 2008 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I respect people that aren't afraid to admit when they are wrong. No one is perfect, but I know people that just will not admit it.

8. Dec 5, 2008 #7
    Yup, That's a good one. Sometimes we push to an idea or opinion until we loose everything and end up holding nothing but our stupid conviction. Idea dead, friendships dead, original points dead..... or, shunned, banned, ignored, forgotten.

Thank you for bringing this up. Furthermore I respect people who are effectively assertive, and seek them out to learn from.

9. Dec 6, 2008 #8
    I respect and admire people who are honest in all aspects of their life.

10. Dec 6, 2008 #9
    WOW! Do you honestly know Anyone who is honest in all aspects of their life?
    I Never met such a person, where are they?

11. Dec 6, 2008 #10
    I just found this as a signature for PF member edward:
    "Truth is whatever you can make someone believe" Tommy Smothers
    Is this what you meant?

12. Dec 6, 2008 #11

Danger

Gold Member

No one...? :uhh:

13. Dec 6, 2008 #12
    I'm sure she meant to except you in that statement.

14. Dec 6, 2008 #13

Lisa!

Gold Member

He's No one!:wink:
    Why had I used a pronoun for referring to no one?:confused:

15. Dec 6, 2008 #14

neu

Nelson Mandela. After being in released form prison in 1990 he hasn't reoffended once.

16. Dec 6, 2008 #15

wolram

Gold Member

My mom my dad and several members of PFs, i am an awkward cuss, and find other than may be a doctor PFers are the only people i listen to.

17. Dec 6, 2008 #16
    I respect people who are always ready to think logically about issues and subjects, with no prejudice, rather than take things for granted. Sadly, rational thinking is a rare commodity.

18. Dec 6, 2008 #17
    I laughed so hard that I almost choked on that one!!

19. Dec 7, 2008 #18
    A friend of mine who showed me that just because people don't agree with me doesn't necessarily mean they're stupid.

20. Dec 7, 2008 #19

turbo

Gold Member

I respect my wife. It's not just affection/love, but respect for the way she has dealt with my medical issues, and picked up all the slack, and the way she is pitching in to care for her elderly mother (dementia) by staying with her for 24 hours every weekend.

21. Dec 7, 2008 #20
    That's rough. She must have nerves of steel to be able to handle that. I know I can't.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?