Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who do you want to see live?

1. Jul 16, 2008 #1
    Hey All!

Feels like ages since I last posted! About a week back my brother and I went to see Robert Cray, Buddy Guy and Ryan Shaw Live! This got me thinking, who would PF want to see live? So who would you most want to see live who is still living, and who do you wish you had seen live?

For me it has to be...

Want to see: ZZ Top

Wish I had seen: Stevie Ray Vaughan

I have seen Billy Gibbons perform with other acts but I would love to see ZZ Top still.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2008 #2
    I read the thread title and thought it referred to who we want to see continue living. Like we got to vote who we would rather see die or something.
  4. Jul 16, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Me too!
  5. Jul 16, 2008 #4
  6. Jul 16, 2008 #5
    I wanna watch korn perform live.....
  7. Jul 16, 2008 #6

Gold Member

My favorite guitarist is Robben Ford, and I got to see him and his band live in a little club that held maybe 150-200 people or so. My buddy and I paid $40 each for reserved front-row seats. Great show. Kevin Costner and some of his film crew showed up (they were filming in Maine), so the management shoehorned another table into the area just in back of us. Suddenly all the ladies were watching Costner instead of Ford. It was funny. When I made a run to the men's room, some ladies had to get out of their chairs to let me squeeze through and just like sunflowers to the sun, they kept facing Costner all the time. I looked over at him and arched my eyebrows a bit as if to say "what the hell?" and he just grinned and shrugged. I wouldn't want to be so well-known that people would be staring at me, but I guess he's getting compensated for it. I still have my paper "reserved" placard with my name on it and Robben Ford's autograph.
  8. Jul 16, 2008 #7
    David Gilmour. I'd preferably like to see him along with Rick Wright, Nick Mason and Roger Waters... even though the chances of seeing Waters with the rest of them is slowly declining as the years go on.

But I have hope!
  9. Jul 16, 2008 #8

Gold Member

I missed my chance to see Pinetop Perkins (Muddy's piano player) play live with my friends - the Blue Flames. Had to work. Luckily, they recorded the performance and it was released as a CD - "Live Top". Highly recommended.
  10. Jul 16, 2008 #9

Staff: Mentor

In answer to the question in the OP - as many people from PF as possible. I don't care much about seeing celebrities, but there are many friends I'd like to see in person.
  11. Jul 16, 2008 #10
    I want to see Kobe play live! Kobe Bryant = god!
  12. Jul 16, 2008 #11
    The White Stripes I guess.
  13. Jul 16, 2008 #12
    Want to see: Radiohead

Wish I had seen (not possible since I was born in 1989): Queen
  14. Jul 16, 2008 #13
    I wanted to see George Carlin...
  15. Jul 16, 2008 #14
    I'd like to see my family live. They're too far (and getting old) :frown:
    Other than that, I'd like to ask questions to Connes, kick Witten's butt on a ring... hear Mederic Collignon with Louis Sclavis Quartet going wild (like in Divinazione Moderna :bugeye:)

and certainly pull Astro's beard to check if it's real :uhh:
  16. Jul 16, 2008 #15

Gold Member

It's real. I hope we can lure him and his family back to Maine for a visit. I was just thinking of him tonight while eating hot dogs and rolls with habanero relish, dill-pickled jalapeno rings, Farmer brand beer mustard with horseradish, and sauteed onions. He's one of the few people I know that share my love of food at this heat level.
  17. Jul 16, 2008 #16
    Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.
  18. Jul 16, 2008 #17

Gold Member

LZ ain't LZ without Bonham. He was perhaps the most influential drummer in 70's rock. Dynamic, explosive, with a delicate feel.
  19. Jul 16, 2008 #18
    True, but I wasn't even alive yet when Bonham died.

I'll be content with his son living through his footsteps. I just hope he cuts it down with the alcoholism compared to his father.

I know it doesn't compare to true LZ concerts, but the one performed in London when they reunited recently was still awesome.
  20. Jul 16, 2008 #19
    Jesus. His studio work is great, but let's see if he can pull it off on stage. Of course, I don't expect him to play his longer songs, like "I died then 3 days later I came back as a God plz worship me." I don't have 3 days to spend on a concert.
  21. Jul 16, 2008 #20
    Bad Religion and Darkest of the Hillside Thickets. Oh and Rasputina though I think I liked them best with Zoe Keating and now she has gone solo.
    And while I'm not sure I would enjoy the music all that much I think GWAR live would be a rather unforgettable experience.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?