Who would you most want to see perform live?

• Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date
In summary: Cc...In summary, many people would like to see ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Gibbons, and Bad Religion, as well as Rasputina. Korn and Pink Floyd are also popular. David Gilmour is someone many would like to see, but is unlikely to happen.
_Mayday_
Hey All!

Feels like ages since I last posted! About a week back my brother and I went to see Robert Cray, Buddy Guy and Ryan Shaw Live! This got me thinking, who would PF want to see live? So who would you most want to see live who is still living, and who do you wish you had seen live?

For me it has to be...

Want to see: ZZ Top

Wish I had seen: Stevie Ray Vaughan

I have seen Billy Gibbons perform with other acts but I would love to see ZZ Top still.

_Mayday_

Physics news on Phys.org
I read the thread title and thought it referred to who we want to see continue living. Like we got to vote who we would rather see die or something.

NeoDevin said:
I read the thread title and thought it referred to who we want to see continue living. Like we got to vote who we would rather see die or something.

Me too!

:frown:

I want to watch korn perform live...

My favorite guitarist is Robben Ford, and I got to see him and his band live in a little club that held maybe 150-200 people or so. My buddy and I paid $40 each for reserved front-row seats. Great show. Kevin Costner and some of his film crew showed up (they were filming in Maine), so the management shoehorned another table into the area just in back of us. Suddenly all the ladies were watching Costner instead of Ford. It was funny. When I made a run to the men's room, some ladies had to get out of their chairs to let me squeeze through and just like sunflowers to the sun, they kept facing Costner all the time. I looked over at him and arched my eyebrows a bit as if to say "what the hell?" and he just grinned and shrugged. I wouldn't want to be so well-known that people would be staring at me, but I guess he's getting compensated for it. I still have my paper "reserved" placard with my name on it and Robben Ford's autograph.

David Gilmour. I'd preferably like to see him along with Rick Wright, Nick Mason and Roger Waters... even though the chances of seeing Waters with the rest of them is slowly declining as the years go on.

But I have hope!

I missed my chance to see Pinetop Perkins (Muddy's piano player) play live with my friends - the Blue Flames. Had to work. Luckily, they recorded the performance and it was released as a CD - "Live Top". Highly recommended.

In answer to the question in the OP - as many people from PF as possible. I don't care much about seeing celebrities, but there are many friends I'd like to see in person.

I want to see Kobe play live! Kobe Bryant = god!

The White Stripes I guess.

Want to see: Radiohead

Wish I had seen (not possible since I was born in 1989): Queen

I wanted to see George Carlin...

I'd like to see my family live. They're too far (and getting old) :frown:
Other than that, I'd like to ask questions to Connes, kick Witten's butt on a ring... hear Mederic Collignon with Louis Sclavis Quartet going wild (like in Divinazione Moderna :bugeye:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY0xBqp9ohk&hl

and certainly pull Astro's beard to check if it's real :uhh:

humanino said:
and certainly pull Astro's beard to check if it's real :uhh:
It's real. I hope we can lure him and his family back to Maine for a visit. I was just thinking of him tonight while eating hot dogs and rolls with habanero relish, dill-pickled jalapeno rings, Farmer brand beer mustard with horseradish, and sauteed onions. He's one of the few people I know that share my love of food at this heat level.

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

BryanP said:
Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.
LZ ain't LZ without Bonham. He was perhaps the most influential drummer in 70's rock. Dynamic, explosive, with a delicate feel.

True, but I wasn't even alive yet when Bonham died.

I'll be content with his son living through his footsteps. I just hope he cuts it down with the alcoholism compared to his father.

I know it doesn't compare to true LZ concerts, but the one performed in London when they reunited recently was still awesome.

Jesus. His studio work is great, but let's see if he can pull it off on stage. Of course, I don't expect him to play his longer songs, like "I died then 3 days later I came back as a God please worship me." I don't have 3 days to spend on a concert.

Bad Religion and Darkest of the Hillside Thickets. Oh and Rasputina though I think I liked them best with Zoe Keating and now she has gone solo.
And while I'm not sure I would enjoy the music all that much I think GWAR live would be a rather unforgettable experience.

NeoDevin said:
I ignored this thread for 36 hours for the same reason. :rolleyes:

1. Who are the top performers that you would like to see live?

As a scientist, my interests lie in research and science-related events, so I would love to see renowned scientists like Neil deGrasse Tyson or Jane Goodall speak live. I am also a fan of music and would enjoy seeing bands like Coldplay or Imagine Dragons perform.

2. How do you decide which live performances to attend?

I typically look for events that align with my interests and have speakers or performers that I admire. I also consider location, timing, and cost when making my decision.

3. Have you ever attended a live performance that exceeded your expectations?

Yes, I have attended several live performances that have exceeded my expectations. One that comes to mind is a TED talk by Bill Gates where he discussed his philanthropic work and vision for the future. It was a truly inspiring and thought-provoking experience.

4. Are there any live performances that you regret missing?

Yes, there are a few live performances that I regret missing. One in particular is a lecture by Nobel Prize-winning physicist, Stephen Hawking, where he discussed the nature of time and the universe.

5. What advice do you have for someone attending their first live performance?

My advice would be to go in with an open mind and be willing to learn and experience something new. Also, make sure to do some research beforehand to familiarize yourself with the performers or speakers and their work. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the experience!