Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who else hates MacGyver?

1. I love MacGyver! Everything he does is accurate and realistic.

2. It has some flaws.

3. I hate it! It's an inane television show full of psuedoscience trash.

4. I have no opinon.

1. Dec 6, 2005 #1
    No, not the PF user, the superhero character portrayed by Dean Anderson. The one who does crazy, impossible things like make lasers out of chewing gum, in order to take out the bad guys.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's working.

I can't choose any of your choices. I love MacGuyver, but of course the stuff isn't accurate or realistic...that wouldn't be nearly as fun! :biggrin:
  4. Dec 6, 2005 #3
    I've never seen the show.

*runs away*
  5. Dec 6, 2005 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're probably too young to have seen it. :grumpy:
  6. Dec 6, 2005 #5
    I used to love the show when it first came out. Now I don't enjoy the reruns because the acting seems very shallow.

I still approve of the notion of learning how to blow your way out of a cave in with an old magnesium bicycle frame, bat droppings, and old packets of sugar, though.
  7. Dec 6, 2005 #6
    I voted inbetween because like Moonie I loved watching MacGyver.

Has anyone else ever seen Legend? I loved that show too. Richard Dean Anderson and John de Lancie are great together.
    I don't care much for the Star Gate shows.

Oh! And who else used to watch that show with the guy that had curly blonde hair who became a superhero? I can't believe I don't remember the name.

Do you mind much if I derail your thread Rachmaninoff?
  8. Dec 6, 2005 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nope, never even heard of that one.
    They're okay. I liked it for a while, the first few seasons, but then lost interest.

The Greatest American Hero. :biggrin: That's what Vanesch and I felt like when we were first made "super" mentors and nobody gave us an instruction book. :rofl: It's much less stressful now that we're just mere mortal mentors again. :biggrin:
  9. Dec 6, 2005 #8
    This is the #1 thing I have on my Christmas list-
  10. Dec 6, 2005 #9
  11. Dec 6, 2005 #10

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I also have to admit that part of my appreciation of the show is that I've always thought Richard Dean Anderson is HOT!!! :!!)
  12. Dec 6, 2005 #11

Especially with that 1980s hair :yuck:
  13. Dec 6, 2005 #12
    I had assumed that was part of it.

I think I'm going to spam your thread if you don't mind Rach... :tongue:
  14. Dec 6, 2005 #13
    Why do you ask me for permission to derail the thread? It's not like either of us can help it. :rofl:
  15. Dec 6, 2005 #14
    It's now tied 29%-29%-29% on the real choices, with franznietzsche voting without opinon. However, I think moose's vote doesn't count, because by his own admission he never saw the show. In which case I'm confused as to why or how he voted. :confused:
  16. Dec 6, 2005 #15

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, especially with the 1980s hair. :biggrin: As long as it isn't that big, curly hair-band look. :tongue:
  17. Dec 7, 2005 #16

Staff: Mentor

I am MacGyver.
  18. Dec 7, 2005 #17
    Oh no, what a tragedy.
  19. Dec 7, 2005 #18
    I didn't like "Legend". Hated the superhero show, and can about tolerate "Stargate" the series. I don't even like MacGyver. I just approve of spreading the notion you can do tremendous things with the miscellaneous junk that's lying around if you know enough chemistry and physics.
  20. Dec 7, 2005 #19
    I saw him cut through steel with a chocolate bar and a battery.
    When I was around 16 my buddies an me used to take my car out into the desert and put the car in gear and get out. We'd stand around while the car drove away, after a while somoeone would yell "MacGyver" and we'd take off running after the car to jump on the roof and climb in and stop it before it hit anything or drove into a ditch.
  21. Dec 7, 2005 #20
    Sounds about right :rolleyes:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?