Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who got interested in physics

1. Jul 26, 2007 #1
    ... as an adult or when you went off to college and was gonna major in something totally different like Construction management or psychology but decided to switch to physics because you decided at the last minute that physics was more interested. I was an agriculture major , but then switch to physics when I took a physics course on intro to mechanics for an elective. My teacher really open my eyes of how interesting Newton's Laws of motion were.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2007 #2

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In chronological order Ed Witten: got a degree in history and linguistics: started grad school in economics; tried a behind-the-scenes career in politics; started grad school in math; started grad school in physics.

4. Jul 26, 2007 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

hmmm...got interested in physics while being in high school, got to disliked it while studying physics at uni but now getting to like it again!o:)
    Wow! That's interesting!

5. Jul 26, 2007 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought chemical engineering was the thing until I took the beginning physics courses. Then it was and engineering physics for me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?