Who has the best PF username?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Danger said:
That takes care of the second part; so is it now 'Kroot' or 'Shroot'?

Heh heh. I pronounce it Ch-root. (Ch as in choo choo)

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ZapperZ said:
The only problem with my nick is that, if you are not in North America, then it is pronounced as "ZapperZet". Then, it sounds rather dorky. :)

Zz.

It always reminds me of that B-52s song, Channel Z when they sing the Zeeeeeeeeee on a higher note than the rest of the song. ZapperZeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Yep, it's a fun one to say.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Chi Meson said:
Didn't this thread come up last year? And didn't we all love Zoobyshoe?
(Where is he now, eh?)
I talked to the Zoobster a few weeks ago. We have the same birthday so I had to call him up and wish him a happy one. He's doing ok. He got a job herding nocturnally roving jellyfish and that keeps him real busy. He comes by and visits PF once in a while, he just doesn't post anymore. I miss him, too.

Chi Meson said:
Didn't this thread come up last year? And didn't we all love Zoobyshoe?
(Where is he now, eh?)

Zoobyshoe wins.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
How the hell has no one mentioned TheStatutoryApe? That's far and away the best username.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Math Is Hard said:
I talked to the Zoobster a few weeks ago. We have the same birthday so I had to call him up and wish him a happy one. He's doing ok. He got a job herding nocturnally roving jellyfish and that keeps him real busy. He comes by and visits PF once in a while, he just doesn't post anymore. I miss him, too.
Herding nocturnally roving jellyfish? I've heard that term as a modification of the idiom "managing <blank> is like herding cats" for cases where the folks you're managing can sometimes get you stung.

So, is he a pimp or is he the supervisor on the night shift of a computer network? :confused:

And if he really does herd nocturnally roving jellyfish, does he get to wear a cowboy hat? And what does he ride?

Last edited:
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
BobG said:
And if he really does herd nocturnally roving jellyfish, does he get to wear a cowboy hat? And what does he ride?

I suppose he rides a bicycle when he's wrangling jellies (since he only goes after the ones that try to sneak onto land), and I believe he wears a glow-in-the-dark cowboy hat since he works at night. He rides around with a long net, scooping up the little purple suckers, and flinging them back into the ocean.

He's doing an excellent job. I haven't been stung in the middle of the night by a land-roving jellyfish in 6 months. :smile:

Danger
Gold Member
BobG said:
And what does he ride?
Wouldn't it be a seahorse? :confused:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
BobG said:

:rolleyes: No, of course he doesn't wear a cowboy hat, he wears a purple jellyboy hat. He rides on a network of multicolored strings. But I guess we couldn't expect someone who isn't versed in jellitivity to know that. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

SOS2008
Gold Member
I love BobG's new avatar too! :biggrin: Danger started this, so maybe he can remind me of the names of these cartoon characters. :rofl:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Awesome! Bob G looks so handsome!!

Here's some reference for you SOS: http://www.lil-abner.com/

I believe your character is Moonbeam Mcswine..
http://www.lil-abner.com/images/moonbeam.GIF [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger
Gold Member
SOS2008 said:
I love BobG's new avatar too! :biggrin: Danger started this, so maybe he can remind me of the names of these cartoon characters. :rofl:
Good grief, I've created a monster. Okay, MIH is Daisy Mae & BobG is Li'l Abner. I can think of a couple of appropriate users for some of the auxilliary characters, who can be found http://www.lil-abner.com/other.html [Broken], among other places.

SOS2008
Gold Member
Danger said:
Good grief, I've created a monster. Okay, MIH is Daisy Mae & BobG is Li'l Abner. I can think of a couple of appropriate users for some of the auxilliary characters, who can be found http://www.lil-abner.com/other.html [Broken], among other places.
I remember reading the Li'l Abner comics as a kid, but only remember some of these characters. Very interesting--Thanks! :biggrin:

my screenname is odd, but fibonacci is kinda cool, however i would have to vote for chroot, just because you can't say it, unless you happen to be polish, they seem to like that thing where words have many few vowes in places where you need them.

Fibonacci

JamesU
Gold Member
I think it should be math is hard, because it's so true

vote math is hard! :biggrin:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
yomamma said:
I think it should be math is hard, because it's so true

vote math is hard! :biggrin:
yay!!! votes for yomomma right back! :biggrin:

loseyourname said:
How the hell has no one mentioned TheStatutoryApe? That's far and away the best username.
Thank you. :blushing:
I like your's too, but I'd have to say selfAdjoint is my favorite.
I like Evo, it's simple but sexy.
Math Is Hard is cute... er I mean the name, though I understand the user is too. ;-p

Evo
Mentor
TheStatutoryApe said:
I like Evo, it's simple but sexy.
Aww, thanks. I like your name too. :smile:

JamesU
Gold Member
Who has the best avatar?

We've been over that before. Please don't get them started again.

yomamma said:
Who has the best avatar?
Yeah I think that would call for a seperate thread.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
SOS2008 said:
I remember reading the Li'l Abner comics as a kid, but only remember some of these characters. Very interesting--Thanks! :biggrin:
Isn't Li'l Abner required reading in our education system? It should be. Li'l Abner and Peanuts are the two comic strips that have had the greatest impact on our culture.

"If I had my druthers......" - straight from the Li'l Abner comic strip.

"Sadie Hawkins Day" dances - straight from the Li'l Abner comic strip (in fact Sadie Hawkins is one of the Li'l Abner characters).

I'm sure there's a few other phrases that came from Li'l Abner.

Actually, Li'l Abner was in its heyday (yet another hick reference) a little before my time, too. It's peak popularity was in the 50's and earlier. It was pretty biting political commentary - it was the conservative answer to the liberal Pogo (another classic comic strip). By time you and I were reading it, Al Capp had lost a lot of interest in the whole idea and was just churning out gags because it was a job.

Errrgg. Now everyone knows where I find my "classic literature". :redface:

Danger
Gold Member
brewnog said:
I always saw it as 'Zapperzed'. I kinda prefer it like that...
That sounds just a little too much like 'Zipperhead', one of our standard insults around here.
I've gotta go along with Loser in that 'StatutoryApe' is one of the most clever ones. 'Evo' evokes a techno-sexiness that's hard to beat. I'd like to know where 'Moonbear' came up with hers, 'cause it sounds really cool but has no significance that's obvious. Same for 'SOS2008' and 'Ivan Seeking'. 'Integral', 'Derivitive', 'Chronxeh', fib, and 'Astronuc' are particulary appropriate for the site.
If I absolutely had to chose, I think that I'd have to vote for 'Brewnog', both for originality and because it seems to project his personality.

best name is Astronuc
ZapperZ is too widely used...i have encountered many Zapper's on the net

Danger and Evo have the best avatars

marlonB

i also like mooberrymarz, but that's just because she is so beautiful...just like Evo's youngest daughter with the tan...

Last edited:
Danger posted the greatest photo's ever...he should be in the movies...

marlon