Who Am I? A Retired Civil Servant's Journey

• Thread starter Old Geezer
  • Start date
In summary, "Who Am I? A Retired Civil Servant's Journey" is a personal account of a retired civil servant's reflections and experiences throughout their career and retirement. The author discusses their identity and how it has evolved over time, as well as the challenges and rewards of their job. They also touch on the importance of work-life balance and finding purpose in retirement. Overall, the book offers insights on the complexities of one's identity and the impact of career on personal growth and fulfillment.
Old Geezer
Hello,

First of all, I'm probably the only person here who has never been to college. Okay, I did get an Associate's Degree from a community college fifty years ago (I was trained as an optician). They called (still do) the place a community college, but I always thought of it as a trade school. Anyway, it served me well for twenty years and you might say it probably saved my life (kept me out of the fighting in Vietnam while I was in the service back then.

Right now, I'm a retired civil servant who does volunteer work at the VA hospital in Buffalo.

I'm here because this is probably the only place that can answer a problem that has been bothering me do years.

I'll get to that in the proper place.

Paul Neupert
Tonawanda, NY

Physics news on Phys.org
Old Geezer said:
Hello,

First of all, I'm probably the only person here who has never been to college. Okay, I did get an Associate's Degree from a community college fifty years ago (I was trained as an optician). They called (still do) the place a community college, but I always thought of it as a trade school. Anyway, it served me well for twenty years and you might say it probably saved my life (kept me out of the fighting in Vietnam while I was in the service back then.

Right now, I'm a retired civil servant who does volunteer work at the VA hospital in Buffalo.

I'm here because this is probably the only place that can answer a problem that has been bothering me do years.

I'll get to that in the proper place.Paul Neupert
Tonawanda, NY
From one old geezer to another, :woot: welcome :smile:
Read the rules and behave yourself and you'll be fine. :biggrin: